Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    John J. Garvey

Saab(s)
    1974 Saab 99 EMS

1974 SAAB 99 EMS FOR SALE

1974 SAAB 99 EMS. WINNER 1977 World Rallye Championship. Driver: Stig Bloomquist. (Not the exact car - but it production twin.) This is the only SAAB 99 EMS in Sunset Orange for sale in the World today. One of only 1500 cars built for the world market in 1974. Manufactured from 1971 to 1978. SAAB's sports car and rallye car of the 1970's. The car can be driven coast to coast. I brought this SAAB back to life with the help of three shops in Oklahoma and Colorado. It was a basket case when I purchase it. The best feature was and is it's originality, with straight, original sheet metal, and a great looking interior. The bad, was the original engine had been neglected and required a complete rebuild. Mechanical restoration of the original engine and drive train was performed by East of Sweden II under the watchful eye of Bob Wisdom. All of the engine internals were replaced with OEM parts. Engine "blueprinted" to better than new condition. Factory 4 cylinder, fuel injection engine, with 4 speed manual gearbox. Original brown cloth interior in very good condition. Only one blemish on the driver's seat cushion. Car is missing the headliner and sunvisors. Absolutely no rust. None. Car is wearing the majority of its original factory applied Sunset Orange paint. A reputable, local paint shop looked at the car and said the roof and trunk lid were repainted. This car has not been restored. This is a rare survivor with a mechanical restoration of the drive train. Original "soccer ball" alloy wheels. Factory 99 Service Manual. Saab spare tire. AMFM radio is original - but is not functional. I have not sourced the external chrome antenna. All original factory window glass is in place. No cracks on the dash. All instruments, gauges, warning lights work. The clock keeps accurate time. Chrome piece missing from bottom of grille. The mileage is 97,500. The odometer is accurate and has not rolled over. Missing the original door mirrors. I have two replacement racing mirrors from the 70's that go with the car. Sourcing mirrors and the broken chrome SAAB rectangle on the center of the grille. A SAAB only collector in the U.S.A. told me if his shop restored this car it would be worth in excess of $30,000. According to a SAAB source in the Netherlands, this car may be ONE of ONLY THREE Sunset Orange SAAB 99 EMS cars "currently registered" in the United States. Call me at (405) 760-3883. $15,000 or best offer. I do need to sell the car, so I would like to hear from you if you are interested. I prefer the telephone to a text message. I know serious buyers use the telephone. If the ad is up the car is available. Thank you. The car is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Saab(s)
    86 SPG, 88 SPG, 91 SPG, 88 SiS, 89 900T, 96 900 SE CV, 96 Aero, 00 9-3 SE CV, 90 JetPack, 94 CE
    This looks like the EMS from Ohio.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    The 1974 SAAB 99EMS in yellow, roughly similar to this one, was the first Saab that I ever saw. Little did I know that I would eventually drive 5 of them, making up most of my driving life.