Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)

Bentley manual

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/saab/

Today, I got a Bentley manual for the current BMW 3 series (F30). It officially comes out tomorrow but pre-publication orders were filled in the last two weeks.

A similar manual for the Saab 900 (classic) has been available for about 20 years. There's one version for the 16V engine with the big, flat, black engine cover and one version for the 8V engine with the silver narrow valve cover. Bottom line is that it is worth it!

I last owned a 900 in 2003. I had this Bentley manual. Unlike the BMW manual which is hardbound, the Saab is a soft cover. All the benefits of owning such a manual may become more clear the longer you own such a manual. The most obvious is that there are instructions to do specific repair tasks or routine maintenance. Not so obvious is that the manual allows one to become more familiar with cars in general and the Saab, in particular. After a while, one may develop expertise so that they will know more about their car and not have to receive baby talk when talking with a mechanic or service adviser.

Many years ago, Saab sold a fat 3 ring binder with over 10 softbound volumes within the ring binders. I would imagine that these are no longer available. Besides, they were far more expensive. I had that, too.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    The Bentley is OK, but it does have a few mistakes.