2000 9-3 viggen convertible
    I wish we had there climate.

Geoffrey Storey
    Saab(s)

There is one on the n/s and one on the o/s

SAAB since 1985
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.3t ARC Estate; 9-3 SE Convertible.
    Tanks Geoff - I (briefly) found them this morning, next chance I have is Monday. Somewhere I think I read that the switch levers should be dead straight - not bent in any way - would you agree with that? Simon.

Geoffrey Storey
    Saab(s)

Convertible hood not going down all the way

Mine are slightly bent up over, but the hood works ok.

How did yours look?
    Last edited by geoff 9-3; 27 February 2016 at 23:15.

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    Ah yes, the Cornish Riviera. Sorry my friends, but been ill, and not yet too good. I have been following the link vaguely, but now sort of half back on track, but I am following you guys at the moment to see what I can glean from what you say, and your pictures, but the pick's don't really look like my model. You will also have to pardon me for being a bit slow, but not too athletic at the moment.

SAAB since 1985
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.3t ARC Estate; 9-3 SE Convertible.
    Sorry to hear that Sarge, I hope the warm (bloody hot?) sun of WA helps a little - and yes, with that sunshine on offer, I can undestand why you want to get thew top to work. No such temptation in Cornwall at the moment - the priority is to get a bit of work done on the top before the next inevitable downpour comes along. Today, if i can, I will mostly be re-checking the microswitches as Geoff suggests, and blasting them with a little electrical contact cleaner in case they are gummed up inside. I'll take pics if i get time. Regards, Simon

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    Thank you Simon. I'm an expat Londoner and spent dozens of holidays in Cornwall. My Mum spent the last 20 odd years living in Torquay, just up the road, and her ashes are scattered there, so I have an affinity with the place. Yes, temperatures are great at the moment in the 30's, but when approaching the 40's anywhere else in the world sounds good. We get around the same rainfall here in Perth as you do in the South West, but over fewer days, and in fact we have been in near drought for several years. Having said that, most days here are rain free, even if a bit cool. The Aerodynamics of the Saab are magnificent compared to my old MGB, but I ramble, sorry, but I really do miss my 1971 V12 E type. This is the 1st rag top Saab I have had after selling a V6 hatchback, which led me to this car that I love. I'm 69 years old going on 49, and always gone for that something different. I think you either love a Saab, or you don't even know it exists. This is sort of an introduction Simon, so you know at least a little about me, I hope you don't mind. Anyway, this rag top is so different to an MGB, which in a way is a pity, and perhaps over complicated, but sort of getting in tune with the micro switch idea which I well understand. It's a case of getting to know how to get at the little buggers and perhaps at what point they should be open or closed and the normally bla bla. Above all else, enjoy your upcoming warmer weather, and have a beer on me. Keith

Geoffrey Storey
    Saab(s)
    Keith when the tonneau is open you can then look in the roof bag for the switches.

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    At the moment, the electrics do not work, as the whole thing is dead. Tomorrow, my time, GMT+8, I will see if I can get in there manually. Any ides on that one?

Geoffrey Storey
    Saab(s)

Convertible hood not going down all the way

The tonneau can be unlatched from in the boot using the wheel nut wrench. You will see a hole in the boot trim on the right hand side. Search YouTube for vids.