Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    SAAB since 1985
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.3t ARC Estate; 9-3 SE Convertible.
    Name:  switch1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  31.7 KBName:  Switch2.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  48.8 KB

Hi Keith, sorry these pics are not so good, the same location that makes the switch a sod to get to, also makes it a sod to photograph. At least the second pic gives you the general location to look for it! Any progress on the lack of power to the hood mech? I know you will have already checked fuses and relays - but I'm pretty sure that if the controller thinks the screen is still latched at the front, it won't even try to start the motors, so maybe look for the switches there? I have not looked for them on my car (yet), but I'm sure I've seen stuff on the Net that addresses these switches. Cheers, Simon.

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    Thanks for your time and help Simon. I am on doctors' orders again after another fall, but I will check them again soon. Take it easy, and don't let the sound of your own wheels Etc.

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    You still there Simon???

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    Any chance of sending me a link?

SAAB since 1985
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.3t ARC Estate; 9-3 SE Convertible.
    Sorry Keith, I've been mad busy at work for a while. Trying to remember what link we are talking about?

Keith
    Keith
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9.3, 2 litre
    A brain exercise for you. Also some photos of locations of the switches but not as close ups as I can't pin down the position. I read on someone else's thread that what looked like a mechanic said that although the manual says to not do so, he has opened the roof manually which actually fixed the problem??? I hope your work slows down to a comfortable and manageable level. I worked as a sole trader for 30 odd years without breaks, and 5 or 6 years ago it caught up with me and I crashed totally. That cost me my business and went from a well paid income to no income. Look after your health is the main thing. Cheers...Keith