Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 93

2001 93 turbocharger repair

Hey now,

My mechanic brought to my attention that the turbocharger on my 93 is beginning to leak oil. My question is should I get a used one or go with a quality aftermarket one?

What are the pro's and con's with either?

Where is the place to go for HG aftermarket parts.

I ask because I just replaced the heater core with a aftermarket one, and they had challenges fitting in the new box it goes in as it was slight bigger than the original. I have also noticed that the heater is not performing as well as it did before the repair.

Any insights would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3
    Having recently been thought this with my non Saab, I priced aftermarket units, read reviews and ultimately decided to go the used route. I did make sure (or at least was told) the mileage of the used parts and made sure it was considerably lower than my vehicle. My main thought was that I know how long the original lasted and hope the replacement has about the same life span and it was better to have a used OE part than some aftermarket turbo from who knows where.....
    My decision was also based on some negative reviews for the low cost aftermarket turbos for this car. I don't know, perhaps aftermarket turbos for Saab are better quality that the fleabay turbos i was considering at the time.