Hi,

So the stereo install is on hold until I sort these oil leaks out I have the infamous oil leak around the cylinder head hole with the freeze plug/blank inside (right side of cylinder head), it seeps a little from there and is messing up my engine bay, I have looked around and I cannot find any replacement cap within the UK so it looks like it may be a 2 week wait for the plug and cylinder gaskets.

So in the meantime is it okay to clean the hole with engine de-greaser and pop some RTV high temp sealant in the hole to stop the leak for now, or will this cause other problems?

I do have another leak that looks like it is just below this hole but further up, that one I need to search for as it looks like it is from behind somewhere, never a pool of oil on the floor just seeps out, but I am using a bit of oil lately, including oil change last March, I have used possibly 8 litres up to now, and I do get a bit of burning smell after a brisk drive, only outside the vehicle though, so must be dripping onto the exhaust somewhere, trolley jack and axle stands will have to be deployed I expect.

due to do a service next week so hopefully I can get a quick solution to these problems,

Thanks