Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    looking at 97 9000 cse

97 9000 cse

Hello to all:

New to the forum for saabs. Always liked saabs from afar. Looked at a 1997 Saab 9000 CSEtoday. It has been sitting since November, 2015. Its in fair cosmetic condition. Rear hatch shocks gone, ac works good, radio needs code, engine was very dirty but ran fine once jumped. Door locks work on all but rear passenger. Power windows work on all doors except rear passenger. SRS lightstayed on. Car has 280k on it. Belongs to a Saab tech. Its at a shop where he left it when he moved out of state. Interior is decent, will need cleaning and some leather rejuvenation. The hood has a few surface rust spots at the front. Sounded like a light "tick" at front of engine but owner of shop thinks its from sitting. The tech used to work for him and they service saabs and volvos there. He has a service history but the tech was not the type of guy that serviced every little thing. Mechanically the owner says the car is in good shape, showed me some records and what he noted to look out for on car. I plan to go back next week to drive it and see how that goes.
    Im interested in the opinion of saab owners, especially 9000 owners or former owners. The biggest issue I have is the mileage on the car. I think I can get it somewhere under 1K. Thoughts? Not lookiing to do a rebuild but would maintain and improve so it would be a nice car to have and use. Thanks in advance.

Saab(s)
    looking at 97 9000 cse
    You mean no one wants to tell me to run from this one .........or to check this or that and if I'm ok with it blowing up and junking it its okay to enjoy for the short duration of its remaining life?

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    They are fun cars. You can fix all that little stuff. Did you take it for a ride?

Saab(s)
    looking at 97 9000 cse
    Checked last week and its still there. Been so busy and they are not open of weekends so I have not had time to get there to do that. Plan on doing it this week....I hope. Thanks, you are first to be positive about this. Others on the other saab sites have said...run don't walk away fro this one.....I keep thinking about it...
    Last edited by boutasaaab; 07 April 2016 at 15:07.

Saab(s)
    looking at 97 9000 cse
    Saw it again and got VIN and checked carfax. Appears to have only had two owners, maybe 3 but no more. First 10 years it was serviced regularly in Bmore, MD area. Came to NC 9 years ago and got a new owner. Has what looks like new exhaust, ac works, car sounds good, has to be jumped to start but battery might be bad because running it does not allow you to turn it off and restart. Have to jump it again. Won't even crank at that point. Clutch feels good, engages good. Did'nt drive but backed it up and forward. Needs serious cleaning inside and leather reconditioning. Hood has that rust but it may just be surface rust where paint was chipped off. Tires are good. Took some pics I might upload.