Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    86 SPG, 88 SPG, 91 SPG, 88 SiS, 89 900T, 96 900 SE CV, 96 Aero, 00 9-3 SE CV, 90 JetPack, 94 CE

Virginia SAAB Driving Club

Is there any interest in the Virginia area, in starting up a SAAB Drive Club and having driving tours and track days with a monthly frequency?

We currently take a couple of our SAABs out to Richmond International Raceway and Virginia International Raceway several times a year. Due to a lack of SAAB events, I have been hanging out with some of the local Porsche and BMW Clubs, they both have 2 - 4 great tours and track day events monthly.

I will be going out to the brand new Dominion Raceway track this weekend for a private tour, lunch and run a few laps on the track, with the local Porsche Club.

It would be great if we could get enough SAAB interest to start holding our own tours and track days.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2010 Aero XWD NG 95 Artic White Tan Interior
    Did the VSDC ever form?

Saab(s)
    86 SPG, 88 SPG, 91 SPG, 88 SiS, 89 900T, 96 900 SE CV, 96 Aero, 00 9-3 SE CV, 90 JetPack, 94 CE
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero2010XWD View Post
    Did the VSDC ever form?
    The Virginia SAAB Driving Club did indeed form and in a big way!! We have been getting together 3 - 4 per month, sometimes more for; track days, tuning sessions, performance shop tours, cruises, member host parties and SAAB Convoys to SAAB events. We most recently had a 20 car SAAB Convoy to SAABs@Carlisle.

A sister group has formed in North Carolina and we have been looking for "SAAB Ambassadors" throughout Virginia and other states. One of our best ambassadors has recently started a "SAAB Cell" in Charlottesville, VA and in 10 short weeks time, he has amassed 12 members --- with a total of 31 SAABs!!! We all got together in Charlottesville a couple of weeks ago and I must say, what a great group meeting we had --- Scott Paterson's(Saabnet owner) father-in-law was at the meeting, he has owned several SAABs over the past 30+ years and he provided some fascinating stories. A past race driver, pit crew member and Virginia International Raceway pro shop manager is in the Charlottesville SAAB Cell. Also on hand was an engineer who actually trained some of the SAAB factory personnel.

We have a few videos on YouTube from some of our events. Our YouTube channel is Club Classic 900.
    -Jamestown - Scotland Ferry Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9XKmiWPxgE

-Tri State SAAB Meetup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tvd4s5Tyac

-Charlottesville SAAB Cell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mJfy4HaYw

We will be getting together for several weekday and weekend track day events this month at Dominion Raceway and Summit Point. Our next big event will be our convoy to the SAAB Vert Fest in NY next month. If you are interested in meeting up, please let me know.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    YB - Been a fan of SAABs since the mid 70s but never owned one til now - 2010 NG 95 XWD. Love the car! So does my 18 yo son. Yes, I would be interested in meeting up when possible and doing a partial convoy. Please send info and or link(s). Thanks in advance.

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero2010XWD View Post
    YB - Been a fan of SAABs since the mid 70s but never owned one til now - 2010 NG 95 XWD. Love the car! So does my 18 yo son. Yes, I would be interested in meeting up when possible and doing a partial convoy. Please send info and or link(s). Thanks in advance.
    Sounds great!!! We would love to have you and your son to join us at some events. I originally posted information on all of the SAAB Forums, but only got a response on one --- that forum post did very and is still very active to this day, with weekly post, videos and pictures.

If you send me your email address, I will add you to our event mailing list. I don't think you have enough post to receive / send PMs yet, so you may have to post your email address. We have several very knowledgeable SAAB enthusiasts in our group, 2 Master SAAB Techs and numerous SAAB Collectors, with some pretty impressive collections.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    YB - check out my profile and under the twitter entry I have my general email. I will keep it up for 24 hrs then delete the entry.

Saab(s)
    Okay, I got it.