Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 95 vector auto hirsch . 2004 93 cabrio 2.0 t

2011 95 complete shutdown

I went to my 2011 95 yesterday and the car would not open by any means , eventually had to open manually , no power to any electrics , no interior light nothing completely dead , it was used and perfectly OK the night before , jump leads were in the boot which I couldn't open , so waited for my neighbour , we connected jump leads, alarm sounded immediately which I then cancelled with remote , car sprang back to life and this morning is absolutely fine , now the worry is when will it do it again ? Anyone have any idea what the problem could be ? Is there a relay or some sort of switching device which could have got stuck ? HELP !!!!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 Aero AWD Turbo6
    Hi - sorry to hear your problem. Happened to me a few weeks ago and the battery was the culprit. Luckily even my 2.8 was a cheap swop around. If you have AA or RAC membership they come out and replace - it still costs but its a good service

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 95 vector auto hirsch . 2004 93 cabrio 2.0 t

Thanks ,

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpsmith View Post
    Hi - sorry to hear your problem. Happened to me a few weeks ago and the battery was the culprit. Luckily even my 2.8 was a cheap swop around. If you have AA or RAC membership they come out and replace - it still costs but its a good service
    Thanks very much , I had suspected it was but it didn't show any normal battery failure signs , the car was registered in June 2011 it's car number 8052 and they only made 11200 and production stopped in March 2011 so I gues the battery is getting on for 6 years old although the the car has only done 40kmiles .