Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frustrated Tech2 User
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan 5MT, 1991 900 Turbo Coupe 5MT

Tech2 in Atlanta? I have one... but need another

I'm attempting to replace my ECU due to a high/low voltage code (P0687/6) that's keeping me from passing emissions. I have a knock-off Tech2 that has served me well in the past and is not acting up at all, but refuses to connect to tis2000. It's been quite a few years since I used this tool and I no longer have an XP SP3 platform to connect it to. I'm a member on trionictuning and have tried all kinds of VMs with no luck. I have a 2006 9-3 2.0T.

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a working Tech2 setup -- either tool + computer or just computer -- that I can use to add my new-to-me ECU to my car? It drives with the old ECU, but throws those intermittent codes, which cause other problems such as decreased boost, no AC. (That is, I can drive to you; I don't need to borrow your setup.)

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon

Frustrated Tech2 User
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan 5MT, 1991 900 Turbo Coupe 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbuck1 View Post
    Thanks!

Saab(s)
    9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by xtlicious View Post
    I'm attempting to replace my ECU due to a high/low voltage code (P0687/6) that's keeping me from passing emissions. I have a knock-off Tech2 that has served me well in the past and is not acting up at all, but refuses to connect to tis2000. It's been quite a few years since I used this tool and I no longer have an XP SP3 platform to connect it to. I'm a member on trionictuning and have tried all kinds of VMs with no luck. I have a 2006 9-3 2.0T.

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a working Tech2 setup -- either tool + computer or just computer -- that I can use to add my new-to-me ECU to my car? It drives with the old ECU, but throws those intermittent codes, which cause other problems such as decreased boost, no AC. (That is, I can drive to you; I don't need to borrow your setup.)
    Hey xticious,

I am looking for someone with a Tech2 tool to help me reprogram a spare key fob I am buying on ebay for a 2004 9-3. Any chance you could help me out?