Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1993 900 Turbo Convertible, 1993 900S Coupe

Question can't get rid of the vibration...

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a one owner 1993 Saab 900S 2 door coupe with 70,000 on the clock. The only downside is that it is an automatic. It has a strange vibration - quite bad - when it is placed in drive or in reverse, even when at a stand still. I thought it might be the engine/ gearbox mounts, so I changed all three of these, but there was no improvement. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me identify the problem and what parts I need to put it right.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    Yes, it's play in the inner drivers. Either worn driver cups or tripod bearings. Classic symptom on auto boxes. Doesn't happen on manuals. Definitely not engine mounts. Swapping sides on the driver cups may sometimes solve problem.
    Last edited by peva; 01 May 2016 at 09:45.

Saab(s)
    1993 900 Turbo Convertible, 1993 900S Coupe

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by peva View Post
    Yes, it's play in the inner drivers. Either worn driver cups or tripod bearings. Classic symptom on auto boxes. Doesn't happen on manuals. Definitely not engine mounts. Swapping sides on the driver cups may sometimes solve problem.
    Thanks Paul,

Do you know if these parts are still available? Any idea where I might try and source them?

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    These parts are not available new. Your best bet is to source a good used part from scrap yard or local Saab indie garage. There seem to me quite a few Saab Indies in the US. With good lubrication these parts last forever. Normal reason for failure is the rubber boot splits and the grease is lost. I am in UK so difficult to advise you on sourcing in US, but I understand the parts are available remanufactured to mixed reviews from Rockauto.com or Cardone.com. You could also try Eeuroparts.com. Good luck with your 900. This link gives you more info. http://townsendimports.com/Web/trans...riveshafts.htm