Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    900, 9-5, 9-3

Rear brakes hard but don't work on saab 900

I have Saab 900 1990 which I was told need brake booster/accumulator because brakes were weak. I replaced that by another used one. Still brakes were weak but pedal was hard. I discovered that I had no power to rear calipers because lines were blocked. I replaced the lines to rear wheels by new hoses. Still no brakes in the rear but pedal is hard. I blew air through the line from the rear and got bubbling in the brake fluid reservoir. Still no brakes in the rear. I replaced the hole system (master cylinder and ABS) and still nothing. I disconnected a line from ABS going to the rear end and blew air from front to the rear with no problem. Having filled the reservoir with fluid I am still not getting any of it into the rear calipers. Please help me get on the right track to get some braking power in the rear wheels. Thank you.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    I would suggest you bleed the system more and if necessary, pressure bleed it.
    Check out the Saab Manual for brakes. http://www.zemekoni.org/files/Saab%2...g%20system.pdf

Saab(s)
    900, 9-5, 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by peva View Post
    I would suggest you bleed the system more and if necessary, pressure bleed it.
    Check out the Saab Manual for brakes. http://www.zemekoni.org/files/Saab%2...g%20system.pdf
    Thank you good Buddy, I will bleed my brake more and necessary pressure bleed,

Saab(s)
    900, 9-5, 9-3
    I did pressure bleeding and not help. Pedal is still hard but no pressure on rear pads. I disassembled the brake caliper completely blew every orifice clean and put it together. bled the brake by gravity. Emergency brake is good and strong but when I press the pedal which is hard but nothing on the back. Is my master cylinder possibly at fault?