Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 vector convertable

cim

hi can any body help me, my drivers side windows ,drivers side door lock ,and both door mirrors all stopped working at the same time.checked fuses and they are all good. took to garage and told i need a new cim .does this sound right many thanks

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Aero
    Sounds like some loose wiring in the door. I would check this connection for the door harness in the door jam between the hinges. If the passenger side lock button works and locks all doors but the driver door, I would think that it is not the CIM, definitely a problem with getting power to the door.

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    Don't know if you have cured your fault. But just had a look in the Haynes manual for the 2007-2011(57-61reg uk).
    In the passenger fuse box.
    Fuses F5, F8 and F15 appear to run the front central locking, the front electric windows and the electric mirrors.
    They are all fed from F30 in the engine compartment fuse box.(Fuses F27-F37 are Maxifuses)
    It might be F30 gone or a bad connection to or from the fuse holder itself.
    You might want to check if you are getting a voltage to the F5, F8 and F15 fuses.
    The rear door windows and locks are powered from the fuse board in the boot and use a different Maxifuse supply.
    The CIM appears to have some dealings with all the windows and locks, so my logic would say if it had a fault that affected one door then it would affect them all.
    I too would look at the door harness, it's the door that gets the most use.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Dave

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    The problem may be that the driver's side door lock needs to be replaced. Sometimes the lock is associated with the other problems also. I have replaced the lock twice in my 2008 9-3. At times the window didn't function until the lock was replaced. Do some online research to see if the lock is known to cause the other problems also. The lock should cost about $150 for the part.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    This is prior post from another website:

"My driver door has 3 malfunctions, and they all became a problem the same exact day. The power lock, the power window and the power mirror on the driver's door do not work. Also, I have to lock the driver's door when it's closed and from the inside manually. If I do not lock the driver's door, but lock the other doors with the remote key, the theft alarm will go off when I try to get back in via the driver's door."

Replacing the door lock fixed the problem for me including the window.
    Last edited by 100%Saab; 14 July 2016 at 21:03. Reason: format