Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    9-3 SE 2003

Exclamation 9-3 SE Convertible 2003 High Beans / Key Lock Problem

Hello and greetings! i come here for help about a problem in my car that lately is starting to worrying and annoying me a LOT and is, when i try to put the HIGH BEAMS all the head light Turned OFF and when i try at least to put temporaly the High beams doesnt Work either... i really need to know what i need to do to fix this problem and i really appreciate your help anything else in the car work fine espect maybe some false or lock when a try to start the car with the key sometimes...

Roger Cook
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero, 2006 9-3SC 2.0T, 2000 Viggen 'vert, SAAB Quantum, 2000 9-5 retired at 318K miles
    The most common cause of strange headlight operation is a broken solder joint in the "Orange Relay" located in the relay box under the hood. Many have had success repairing the micro-fissures that seem to develop in the solder joints over time. Me, I just buy a new relay.

There is only one orange cased relay in the relay box. Before buying a new relay, or attempting to remove the cover from the old relay for re-soldering, locate the headlamp relay and temporarily replace it with any of the other relays in the relay box that will fit. This will help identify if the problem is with the more expensive Orange Relay.