Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    saab 9-3 vector sport 1.9 tdi

EGR valve position

tion
    Hi all
    Can any one tell me what position the EGR valve is at. Is it 100 or 0 when car first starts up. Having trouble with sluggish revs won't go over 2500 revs . Yesterday broke down on M1 and Green Flag said EGR valve either open or closed. So he disconnected it and said should be OK to get home but low revs ok but over 2500 sluggish managed to get home . Today diagnosed car and Glow device codes came up along with EGR valve open cleared codes and plugged EGR valve back in. No EGR valve open code but still Glow device codes cleared it a few times then went away.

Then I measured the EGR valve through software and sometimes at start 100 and then sometimes at start 38. So I want to know what position EGR valve when car first started .

Is it 100 or 38 or 0 . I am not getting 0 reading I'm getting either 100 or 38 on starting of car.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Eggie

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Arc SW; 2008 9-3 Aero SW
    EGR should be closed at start up - true for gas or diesel engine. If the EGR was stuck open it would mess up start up and idle. The engine might not start and would definitely idle poorly if the EGR was stuck open. Your symptoms do not sound to be the direct result of an open EGR.