Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 Convertible 2004

Can I test hood sensors?

Hi All
    I have a UK '54 plate 9-3 convertible. Roof not working, usual warning saying go to service. In addition as I go over bumps occasionally the warning says that the hood storage area is blocked, clear obstructions and retry etc. I am wondering if that means that the sensor that is not working is the one that deals with the hood storage. Is some one able to direct me how to locate this sensor and how do I test if it is faulty or not? Is there a simple current test? Any help gratefully received.
    Not so local non dealer saab chap can't give me a price for trying to sort it. 16 sensors or so, each to be checked manually and then faulty one replaced. Car has 214k miles on the clock so not worth spending lots on it although it still runs like a dream.I just thought it would be worth having a go myself just to see if any thing I can do. Failing that no more open roof for me.
    I've looked at the thread that shows the convertible system, but it doesn't really show where the sensor actually is.
    Thank you for any help.

harry
    Saab Enthusiast SatchSportSedan's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Sport Sedan B207E 150Hp
    Hey Rorygall,
    do I read correct:a UK'54 9-3 ???
    I don't know much about convertibles, and didn't know they existed in 1954???
    Althrough, electronics I do know a lot; and sensors are often just plain switches, that need to be Normally Open =NO, or Normally Closed=NC.
    This means in a certain rest position, the contact should be Open of Closed.
    So if you can locate them: just measure out.
    Often it are a bunch of NC-switches in series, so if one fails Open: here you've got your Error message.

Hope this helps. Harry.
    Everything is simple ,regarding time spend

Saab(s)
    Looking for 9.3 convertible
    U.K. 54 plate means it's 2004 Saab 93 mark 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    93 Convertible
    I am having a similar problem with my Saab . It's telling me to remove the obstruction and try again. There is nothing in the boot to cause an obstruction. Can anyone give me advice please..... really missing my working sun roof in this nice weather😄