Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-3

Question Window Regulator Roller Removal

I need to replace the window regulator green plastic rollers on my driver's side front window of my 2001 9-3.
    There are three rollers: two in the scissors-lift channels that support the bottom of the window and one on the lower channel of the scissors lift.
    I can remove the two upper rollers by applying enough pressure to get them out the end of their channels, but no such luck for the bottom roller. How do you get the bottom roller out? I can slide the roller to either end of the channel, but I cannot get it to pass out the end. I've tried to apply as much force as I can muster given the limited space to work in, but no luck. Maybe the channel is designed to prevent the roller from going beyond the end, but how does one remove it then? I don't want to drill out the rivets holding the regulator to the door if I can help it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-3

Thumbs up RESOLVED

(Slight correction to original post...On my 2001 9-3, the two upper window rollers operate in a single channel on the bottom on the window.)

The roller that operates on the bottom channel can be removed easily by removing the channel. This is done by removing two 10 mm nuts connecting the channel to the inside of the door. Once the channel is out you'll see that the ends of the channel are dimpled to prevent the roller from going out of the channel. By pressing the roller hard enough, you can get the roller out (and likewise, a new one in). Attached are pictures of the channel with its attachment studs and the location of the two 10mm mounting nuts on the inside of the door.

Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  39.8 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  33.7 KBName:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  35.9 KB