Need a new turbo. TD 04

Anyone got a low mile unit for sale
    Mike
    410 924 3976
    mdb99@bellsouth.net

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I just ordered a rebuild kit from Ebay. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/262250184266

finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Quote Originally Posted by Finding41 View Post
    I just ordered a rebuild kit from Ebay. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/262250184266

EDIT:
    I have rebuilt one of these once before.. It's not that difficult. The worst part is getting the snap-ring back on.
    I modified a $2 pair of needle nose pliers to do it. Still have them.
    I wasn't going to do anything to this car. Last week I thought I was done. I did the PVC upgrade to fix my over pressured PVC system and hopefully the oil leaks.
    Didn't work. Actually made it worse... I ended up pulling the hose out of the valve cover to stop it poring oil out the seals.
    In the end I turned one of the one way valve around and let it vent into the cobra... Yes into the cobra.
    I figured that the only thing that could be pressurizing my crankcase like that could be the turbo.
    It had been showing sines of failure for the last year. First was the clouds of smoke. Then the noise.... (Bad) Then the noise quit... but I still had boost.. (Bad!)
    unfortunately I needed to drive 2000km in the car and just put a 5L jug of oil in and off we went.
    The turbo is done but still has boost, it has to get me home. So I made a oil catch can that stops the oil from going into the turbo cobra. That seems to work.
    I'm venting the PVC into it and catching the oil. In the 2 hour drive test's I've done I'm looking good!
    I leave for home on Friday. I'll update when I get home. If I get home.
    NOTE: If and when I get home with the car I will make a video tutorial on how to rebuild your TD 04 turbo.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Good luck there mate. Is your wife getting a bit irritated with your major rebuilding efforts?
    how is the sailboat this year?

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    Good luck there mate. Is your wife getting a bit irritated with your major rebuilding efforts?
    Lol. Not yet!
    We just stepped in the door form a 2000km trip from PEI home. Only leaked 5L of oil on the way.
    I should have the turbo kit in someday this week. I'll rebuild it on the weekend. It's not such a big job.
    While I'm at it I'm going to replace the broken exhaust stud I found.
    Once the oil leaking is stopped and I have another car I'm putting it up for sale.
    Sad but it needs more attention than I am willing to give it.
    I'm switching brands to Volvo....
    I am going to get a XC90. I just need to find the right one. One that has had the inherent problems they typically have.
    I may have found one but need to go see it in person.
    I will keep an eye out for a newer SAAB for the 2nd car in the future. Not much around here in the way of used SAAB's 06 or newer.
    Sail charter not running yet. I keep running out of $... My plan is for a kick-starter campaign this fall.
    Marty
    finding41
    Marty Jackson