Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered to death already but my forum searching skills are rubbish.

I'm looking to buy a 9-3 1.8t Linear SE 2009 facelift car. It seems to run great although the service history is minimal. It's clearly has work done though as I can tell from the colour of the oil, the brakes etc so I'm reasonably relaxed about that. It's covered 71k miles and from the MOT history check it's been very good in terms of any wear and tear items having been changed.

Are there any other tell tale areas I should focus on? It runs beautifully and is quiet when going over bumps etc so the suspension and drive train seem sound to me. It's an auto so I've checked the gear change and it's smooth and refined. The manual paddle shift things on the steering wheel are the same too. The coolant is a rich red colour so that seems all good too.

The interior is a bit squeaky but I seem to recall that was normal from an old 9-3 diesel I once had. It's got the black and green stereo with the rectangle screen not the square one and appears to have an aux jack below the cd button.

The trader has said he'll stick two new tyres on it and look at a lazy rear passenger side electric window as well as 12 months mot, 3 months warranty and giving it a "pre delivery inspection" for what that's worth.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been used to driving diesels for the past decade and have lost touch with being a proper petrol head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk