Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 Aero

airbag light on 93 Aero

Hi all,

Got a airbag light on a 93 Aero from 12/2001. I have no ODB error code. The car was idle for 4 week of vacation.
    Any idea of what the problem could be?
    How could I clear the code to check if it is a transient problem?

Many thanks.

Saab(s)
    1999 9-5 2.3L 2001 9-3 2.0L
    not sure what started it on your car, but my airbag light came on from removing the front seat and then the battery was hooked back up before the seat was in - so i know what caused my light (not a safety issue anyway)... the fix for me was to just keep starting the car until the light went out. i should have counted exactly, but it was more than 10 and less than 50 ignition cycles and then the light went out. the older 900's i think necessitate a tech2 reset, but the 9-3's (or most of them anyway) will have the light go out on it's own after a number of ignition cycles where the system does not see an error. so in my case after i put the seat back in and reconnected the airbag, and did the required ignition cycles, my light went out.

there is no odb DTC to be had with that as far as i can tell. i tried several diagnostic machines (short of a tech2) and none found any codes. it seems that the system just shows the light for a while after it senses something and it's not really an engine light so to speak, therefore, no code.

however there could be something with your airbag connections that happened during the time the car was sitting. i don't want to downplay the importance of the safety systems and just say ignore it or anything like that. good luck!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 Aero
    I sprayed some CRC in the connectors I could access under the seats and after couple week with 2 to 3 restart per day the alarm disappeared.