Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    900 Turbo, 9-3 SE, 9-5 Aero

Is it a goner???

My 03 Aero was parked at work. The Honda if front of it was hit by an f-150 driven by a 91yo WWII vet who had some sort of "event". He had no recollection of what he had just done. He pushed the CR-V into my car pushing them both the lenght of a parking spot.

I feel very bad for the the Gentleman, a member of the greatest generation. I am dissappointed that my car may be done. I don't think they will repair it. I just replaced the entire undercarriage 5 k ago. Struts, ball joints, subframe bushings. I hope they repair it, but I expect them to total the car given the age and book value. I have zero experience with this. What are my options? What can I get for the "real" value of my car? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by 900Aero View Post
    My 03 Aero was parked at work. The Honda if front of it was hit by an f-150 driven by a 91yo WWII vet who had some sort of "event". He had no recollection of what he had just done. He pushed the CR-V into my car pushing them both the lenght of a parking spot.

I feel very bad for the the Gentleman, a member of the greatest generation. I am dissappointed that my car may be done. I don't think they will repair it. I just replaced the entire undercarriage 5 k ago. Struts, ball joints, subframe bushings. I hope they repair it, but I expect them to total the car given the age and book value. I have zero experience with this. What are my options? What can I get for the "real" value of my car? Thanks in advance.
    The sentiment to the elderly driver is gratifying. I hope no one was injured in the event and if they were hope they make a good recovery.
    As to the insurance - what level of cover do you have? some companies will ONLY pay market value and if the parts are difficult to obtain (and costly) and the market value of the car is relatively low then they are written-off. In many instances you can buy back from the reimbursement due and get the repairs done locally at your expense.
    Classic car insurance may have an agreed value applied and this would be the value and not market value. Again it may be possible to buy the car back and have it repaired.
    You are unlikely to get what YOU think it is worth regardless.
    Sorry to provide bad news BUT there is never good news with car crashes.

Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 2.3t
    SAABS are cheap around here, including Aeros. You may not get a bad deal on the car being totaled. I agree that they will total it.
    2000 9-5 2.3t Sedan

Saab(s)
    Yes is was totalled. I got more than I expected but not as much as I thought I should get. I have a line on a replacement. 06 9-5 2.3T. Do we like it, or not? Is it not the same as my Aero minus the lowered suspension? Thoughts? Advice? TIA

Saab(s)
    Found an 06 9-5 in Arbor Green Metallic, 114K, to replace my Aero. A couple thoughts, I really like the new front end design, not so much the rear, but it's growing on me. No more flash to pass, it has strictly Xenon's. I like the new interior design, the quality of the material could have been a little better though. Got my same seats from the Aero, love the vetilated seats. Not happy about the fuel pump design vs. my O3, very unhappy about having to drop the tank for this. The PCV lines are not all that harder plastic that tends to break easily. Any other useful info??Attachment 15681
    Attached Images Attached Images