Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    900 Turbo, 9-3 SE, 9-5 Aero

Jalousie replacement.... No Problem. Rubber trim ring.....problem.

What is the trick to getting the rubber trim ring back on? I can't get the thing to seat back in.

TIA

Saab(s)
    900 Turbo, 9-3 SE, 9-5 Aero
    After picking up another trim ring and the local boneyard, I see my problem. When I removed the rubber trim ring, it actually came off the hard plastic frame it is mounted to. There was no way I was going to be reattaching it. So when you do this job, make sure you are popping off a hard plastic frame with rubber trim ring and you won't generate a question that some of you were probably thinking I was half nuts about.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Yeah... that would do it..

It's always a bit difficult to see what the problem is without any pictures. Good to hear you figured it out.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Gary Fisher edition
    I found that part of my rubber trim was reattached with super glue in the past. This repair was brittle and failed again when I replaced my jalousie. To resolve this, I scraped off the brittle glue and used epoxy instead. By feathering the thickness, I was able to add a radius to the inside/bottom that provides some stress-relief to the rubber/plastic junction. In order to complete the repair, I had to hold the parts together during the cure time of eight minutes. I also had to sand my fingertips to remove a film of epoxy! Good thing I had callouses to spare. I recommend that you apply tape to the outside before applying the quick set epoxy from the inside. Much less mess.