Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)

Any one have use the gm tech2 clone?

Any one have use the gm tech2 clone for saab? how about the quality? i konw my friend get the orginal tech2 is so expensive,so i'd like to konw what the quality about clone version

Saab(s)
    Can you answer it ?

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-7X
    P-bus & I-bus and diagnostics communication with Saab 9-3 (2003-2006) using Tech 2
    (Aside from working beautifully with OBD2, the tech2 is the scanner for GM OBD1 to use. with the right software (plug in chips like nintendo cartridges) it’ll do some daewoo/suzuki, GM medium duty (meaning bigger than 3500 using non automotive OBD2 standards), and other in the GMdistant family tree too.)

Information from the Saab WIS

General

A bus is the leads over which information is sent digitally and serially. Digital means that the signal is either 1 or 0. Serial means that the information is sent in “packages” in close succession.
    All the control modules in the car are connected via three buses. Two of these buses are electrical while the third is optical.
    The two electrical buses are the P-bus (Powertrain bus) and I-bus (Instrument bus). The Pbus has two leads and the I-bus one lead. The difference in voltage between the two leads (Pbus) or the lead and ground (I-bus) is either 0 V or roughly 5 V. The information is coded so that different combinations of pulses, with the values 0 V and 5 V, have different meanings.

more

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3
    Hi, I have a Saab 9-3 2002 with a new TWICE module (and matching keys). Does anyone know what I need to use to match the... ECU? to the new TWICE module? I see information on the Tech2 but I can't tell if more than that is needed if I want to use the F1: Service Programming System.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by punkin314159 View Post
    Hi, I have a Saab 9-3 2002 with a new TWICE module (and matching keys). Does anyone know what I need to use to match the... ECU? to the new TWICE module? I see information on the Tech2 but I can't tell if more than that is needed if I want to use the F1: Service Programming System.
    For programing with the Tech 2 you will also need security access and that means TIS software and a computer with a serial port running the Windows XP operating system.