Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3 Aero 2.0T

Aftermarket radio

I have recently purchased a 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero with the premium radio package which comes with the navigation. It does not work and I've taken it into a Saab dealership and they said some if the relays/amps were bad and it would be $2000 to fix it. I was wondering if I'd just be able to put in a aftermarket radio without replacing the amps. Also, I've read that the radio and navigation is like married to the car so can you even take it out? If anyone has any info on this or good radios to use, please let me know. Thank you guys.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    Quote Originally Posted by hlisabeth22 View Post
    I have recently purchased a 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero with the premium radio package which comes with the navigation. It does not work and I've taken it into a Saab dealership and they said some if the relays/amps were bad and it would be $2000 to fix it. I was wondering if I'd just be able to put in a aftermarket radio without replacing the amps. Also, I've read that the radio and navigation is like married to the car so can you even take it out? If anyone has any info on this or good radios to use, please let me know. Thank you guys.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Have you seen this video? I know you've got the nav unit, but there's gotta be some similarity. You've got the old fiber optic system which, while great, is a pain to deal with when it comes to aftermarket.