Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    03 9-5 Arc

2003 9-5 turbo oil cooler or head gasket

My 9-5 overheated and had brown foam in the coolant. I read several threads saying it was most likely the oil cooler.
    I took it to a repair shop that tested the oil cooler and said it was cracked and they replaced it for $1200.
    However they said I needed a whole new engine adding it wasn't just the oil cooler.
    Having no money to do so I picked it up and drove it a couple blocks home.
    It drove okay when I took it in but driving it home, it was sluggish and now has the transmission light on, which wasn't when I took it in!
    Did the mechanic possibly further damage it? Any thoughts to what could be wrong or if I should have it towed to another shop gor a second opinion would be more than welcomed.

Thank-you for any help or suggestions.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    So it's a 6 cylinder. They fixed it knowing you needed a new motor. Who are these guys. We need to know why they they said that.
    where are you? Country Imports near Mke and Tony's The Auto Shop in Appelton can help you out

Saab(s)
    03 9-5 Arc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    So it's a 6 cylinder. They fixed it knowing you needed a new motor. Who are these guys. We need to know why they they said that.
    where are you? Country Imports near Mke and Tony's The Auto Shop in Appelton can help you out
    I recently moved to Palmyra in Jefferson county. It was a shop called K&D auto in Palmyra. I should get a second opinion then?

Saab(s)
    03 9-5 Arc
    Do you mean County imports in Neosho? I have taken my car in there previously and have been kicking myself for not paying the $90 tow to have it fixed there in the first place.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Quote Originally Posted by KirstinRebecca View Post
    Do you mean County imports in Neosho? I have taken my car in there previously and have been kicking myself for not paying the $90 tow to have it fixed there in the first place.
    Yes, that is the place. Not far from you at all.