Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    05 9.3

Leds blinking when they are not directly in use whether the car is on or off.

Is There a way to fix my less from blinking when they are not in use? I have changed all my bulbs in my car to led and for example when I am driving since I am not in reverse my reverse lights blink. I know I will eventually get pulled over for this. I have read that maybe the car can be programmed for having led lights. I believe they blink because the car is sending out pulses to see if bulbs are burnt out. I have installed all canbus error free bulbs. Please some body help me before I start getting tickets and pulled over all the time.

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 2OT
    Did you figure this out? I am experiencing the same thing

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    I would suggest that what you are seeing is the electronics checking for continuity, the LED doesn't present enough load to the system so it keeps checking. There are two solutions:
    1. Revert to incandescent bulbs.
    2. Obtain some Canbus LEDs which might help.

My UK model 9-5 has LED lighting as standard so I can't offer a solution from experience.
    Last edited by GeoffR; 16 November 2018 at 17:53.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyd131619 View Post
    Is There a way to fix my less from blinking when they are not in use? I have changed all my bulbs in my car to led and for example when I am driving since I am not in reverse my reverse lights blink. I know I will eventually get pulled over for this. I have read that maybe the car can be programmed for having led lights. I believe they blink because the car is sending out pulses to see if bulbs are burnt out. I have installed all canbus error free bulbs. Please some body help me before I start getting tickets and pulled over all the time.
    Odds are that you won't spend enough time driving backwards in the dark to justify the effort as the fix for this requires a little electrical engineering. The easy fix is put the old bulbs back in the sockets and put the new LED's to work in the anchor and nav lights of your boat.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    In Europe we have legislation that would make replacing incandescent lamps with LEDs illegal on the outside of a car, position lights, brake, reversing lights and indicators. I have 100% LED interior lights and most of the external lights are OEM LEDs. As Digger says stick with the original bulbs.