Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96

Front Window inop, going off chanel, something went clunk when I shut my door.

If you have a 9-4x that somebody likes to slam the door shut, or maybe the p.o. did like mine, you will soon here a "clunk" falling inside the door. In my case it was part of the window regulator that holds the glass in place.

Helpful Vid, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqn6d3Qwk6g

Simple enough fix, but it seems I may be the first to experience this issue.

I went on RockAuto and did some poking around and found GM part # 23257824, regulator and motor assembly. $93 and made in good ole Mexico like the rest of the car. For whatever reason it only came up when I put in a 2015 SRX and that is what it wants me to believe it is only good to fit on.

First I had to figure out how to remove the door panel, since the SRX panel is held on slightly differently. Luckily if you have taken apart a SAAB door it is basically the same.
    Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  36.6 KB
    There is a 7mm bolt hiding behind a cover plate under the handle, and 2 10mm bolts under the electric swoop. I think the swoop is supposed to come out first, you will see why later. It does imbed a little into the elbow pad so be carefull. Pop it out and pull to front of door.

After you undo those the door panel can be pulled off. It has white plastic body snaps you are trying to pull away. (Now see vid)

There is a latch hook on the door harness and a fun little clip holding the door handle on. (see vid)

Remove vapor barrier. (see vid)

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  34.9 KB

Now you will see the 2 10mm hang bolts on the top of the regulator and the 2 lower ones. 1 also lives in the middle just above and the back of the motor. 2 10mm nuts clamp the regulator to the glass. Loosen those if they aren't broken completely off the regulator like 1 of mine was. (In this case, remove from window after regulator is removed.) Undo the 3 lower ones and loosen the top ones. Pick up, fold rear portion over front and fish out via the larger hole to the front.
    Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  14265086_10210586393326594_1950566617444189815_n.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  14359093_10210586400566775_3806864635424382993_n.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  31.7 KB

The new unit came with new hanger bolts, so that was pretty sweet. Fold over so the back half would be on the inside of the car side of the motor side, insert and unfold. Careful not to get the cables bunched up in the bracket for the motor. I had to futz around a bit with the cable to get all the holes back for the lower bolts because one got in the way of the motor bracket.

I left the glass clamps loose until I got the window all the way up, then snugged em down. Using the window channel as my alignment jig.

Once I knew all was working again, I reinstalled the vapor barrier, remembering to fish the handle cable back into it.

I got all the body snaps on the door panel, and plugged in the handle cable, and door harness.

The door will snap back into place, take car to fish the lock uppy downy thing into the panel, and hang the door snuggly at the base of the window.

Bolt 3 bolts back in.

Plug in window switch and install.

Reinstall electric swoop. The window switch is channeled out to fit inside the swoop. The swoop must also be fished into the elbow rest before snapping it down.
    Name:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 21 September 2016 at 21:22. Reason: Added more pics.

Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    If you are experiencing slow window syndrome, it wants to come back down when I want it up or any other strange happenings, you will be doing this repair soon!

Thanks for this great post!

Much appreciated.