Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 SAAB 93

High beam headlight problem

Hello, While driving my wifes 2001 93 a few weeks ago I noticed when pulling back on the H/L stalk the hi-beams did not engage. I replaced the hi beam relay and that did not solve the problem, so I then replace the H/L stalk itself and that has not solved the problem. What the freak, over? Can anyone point me n the proper direction to solve this problem? Thanks so much and have a blessed weelend, Marco

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 aero convertible
    did u figure it out i have similar issues ?

Saab(s)
    2001 SAAB 93

High beam headlight problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    did u figure it out i have similar issues ?

No Ringo, no one has offered any suggestions so far.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Did you check the fuses and bulbs for the high beam?

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 aero convertible
    yes & relays just repaired the fog lights so much rust

Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-3 SE
    My 2000 Saab 9-3 has similar issues. Only the low beams worked when I purchased it two years ago. They would never turn off, always on regardless of where the dial was set. After having the rear motor mount replaced two months ago, the right front light would stop working intermittently. A week ago, no headlights worked at all. I went online and learned it might be a bad relay. I looked under the hood, pulled the relay and put it back in place. Now, just high beams work! I ordered and installed a new relay, but still no low beams. Advice?

Saab Owner/Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrawford76 View Post
    My 2000 Saab 9-3 has similar issues. Only the low beams worked when I purchased it two years ago. They would never turn off, always on regardless of where the dial was set. After having the rear motor mount replaced two months ago, the right front light would stop working intermittently. A week ago, no headlights worked at all. I went online and learned it might be a bad relay. I looked under the hood, pulled the relay and put it back in place. Now, just high beams work! I ordered and installed a new relay, but still no low beams. Advice?
    I actually have a similar issue, my dial doesn't do anything and only one of my bright headlights works, both low beams work though, where is the relay and what does it look like, I would like to try and do this myself.

Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-3 SE
    This is not a technical description. Under the hood on the right side closest to the cabin, there is a plastic compartment that opens. In this tray, there are relays and fuses. The headlight relay is orange about the size of an iPhone charging cube. People have luck wiggling the relay or taking it out and cleaning connections. It seems that a common issue is cracked soldering. If you google "Headlight Relay 4109070 failure" or search this site for similar information, you will probably get better advice.

In my case, I replaced the relay with no improvement, so still looking for help on next steps.

Saab Owner/Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrawford76 View Post
    This is not a technical description. Under the hood on the right side closest to the cabin, there is a plastic compartment that opens. In this tray, there are relays and fuses. The headlight relay is orange about the size of an iPhone charging cube. People have luck wiggling the relay or taking it out and cleaning connections. It seems that a common issue is cracked soldering. If you google "Headlight Relay 4109070 failure" or search this site for similar information, you will probably get better advice.

In my case, I replaced the relay with no improvement, so still looking for help on next steps.
    I'll give it a go, I actually take mine to a place called just saab and they told me mine was bad so I'll try that and see what it does, thanks for the advice.