Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD

Driver's side front dock lock malfunction again

The driver's door lock is not working, which I can work around but the driver's window also malfunctions. The window is a problem. I will be replacing the lock mechanism for the third time on my 2008 9-3 (2010, 2014, 2016). My wife's 2009 9-3 has had no trouble with the lock.
    When my wife rides in the 2008 9-3 she frequently unlocks her door. If I unlock all doors at the same time the driver's side door does not unlock. I seldom unlock the passenger side door in the 2009 9-3. The question is: Does unlocking the passenger side door at the same time as the driver side door interfere with the driver side door lock on a temporary basis and over time does this lead to an independent fixed problem with the driver lock mechanism. I would be interested in everybody's experience. Or, does anyone else have a conjecture as to the problem. I have noticed that the parts number have changed slightly each time. Thank you.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    Door lock has been replaced. Intermittent lock, window, and outside mirrors problems are now gone. Some research says actuators fail with time, heat, cold, and moisture. I will monitor for interference from other electrical systems which might be causing problems.