Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    NG 9-5

Problem with firmware update

Hello from Croatia,

I've just bought used 2011 saab 9.5 2.0TTiD4 XWD Aero, and I'm really happy with the car!

Since car had E40D firmware version, I've decided to updated it.
    By mistake I have updated it with USA version U803 and now my sound is not working, it just pops from speakers.

After I realized that I have put wrong firmware, I have updated car with with E800 version, but sound is still missing.

Let me explain with more details:

USA version U803 .ZIP file contains this files:
    HASHLIST.DAT
    LOADING.KWI
    FAA_BC06.VBK

EUROPE version E800 .ZIP file contains this files:
    HASHLIST.DAT
    LOADING.KWI

So, as you can see file named FAA_BC06.VBK is missing in E800 firmware and this exact file is culprit why audio is not working.
    First time I have flashed U803 firmware and after that I have flashed E800 firmware.
    So, currently in my car I have working E800 version but with bad "audio driver" from U803, since E800 firmware didn't come with "audio driver".

I need E800 firmware (or some lower E40B, E400 or whatever) which has .VBK file(audio driver). Europen version of .vbk file should me named FAA_B607.VBK
    Could someone provide me that file?

Thanks!

Saab(s)
    900, 93, 9-5
    hi Kis89, I have done the same thing as you I have searched the net with no luck. please let me know if you have fixed the problem. I have spoken to a Saab dealer in Leicester two weeks before Xmas who said they can resolve my situation.

Saab(s)
    NG 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshramsey View Post
    hi Kis89, I have done the same thing as you I have searched the net with no luck. please let me know if you have fixed the problem. I have spoken to a Saab dealer in Leicester two weeks before Xmas who said they can resolve my situation.
    Hi,
    My local dealer fixed it within 10 minutes with MDI reprogramming tool - only saab genuine dealers have this tool, they just delete old firmware and get new directly from GM server via MDI tool.