I would like to say if you need to repair front of the car ( bumper and so on )or swap front seats and would like or find used parts Don't think it's possible without majors changes.
have a 9-5 2002 Arc, after a middle front crash i decided to let her down for a while (having some parts to change for the visit on the officials.
So for spare money i have found a 2001 SE, after having big issues with that car, I need to fix it my old, in the official paper of the car the two beginher road life in 2002, from the exterior looks same except headlights and the calender was in two parts, with no choice about I try to refit it.
it differs like that
until 2001 :
  1. front calender are in two parts
  2. airbag system is a one stage deployment
  3. headlights are in glass with a wiper
  4. the indicators are bulged on the sides
  5. the front seats haven't a sensor on the interior slide rails
  6. most important : the protective front rail is not the same shape and mounting holes to the 2002 and following (need to cut off and weld and fitting the good one

since 2002 :
  1. the main change on these are the airbag (srs) system was improved with a new two stage deployment airbags it means to install a sensor on the seats for calculate the distance between the steering wheel and the seats
  2. new sensors on the front rails.
  3. plastic headlights with pressure washing system.

So don't try to swap seats ... SRS light goes on and no way to fix it ( must to refit the originals in my case
since i did it i Have certainly the most hybrid Saab in the world ;-))