Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 Cabriolet

Confusion Between Navi Control Unit and GSM Control Unit

Hello peeps,

I have a Saab 9-3 Convertible 2003 model, where the GSM Control Unit is leaking and sucks the battery dead. See the pic below.

Name:  IMG_0766.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  46.8 KB

I need to buy a replacement unit but I'm confused, because the only units I can find are positioning units, they seem the same, but I'm not sure. I have seen a lot of technical schematics of the navi/entertainment system and it seems only one item like this to be present. I have uploaded a pictures of what I can find as well.
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  42.9 KB

Can anybody help me out? Do I need to find a unit as depicted in the first picture? Or are the units the same, but just named differently how stupid this may sound. It could be because I live in the Netherlands and the bottom unit is from the USA.

Thanks for your help guys and have a happy x-mass!!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Big difference between the two units pictured are firmware program versions and phone support.

Don't know if this will help clear things up or add to your confusion, but if you can't find the Saab part you're looking for, compatible units used in other GM vehicles are sold under different part numbers and often less expensive when bought used.

Saab(s)
    9-3 Cabriolet
    Hello Digger,

This certainly help with openen more options for me to get the damn thing! ;-)

Thanks. I think I'm going to look up the company DELPHI, they built it I think.