Hi all me again,
Ok my Sons 01 one day about 45 days ago wouldn't start . He had been busy and really didn't have time to look into it. He and a buddy 3 weeks determined it was the DIC ( was getting fuel) bought one new put it in went to start try it and couldn't put key in ignition said there was a some "rod in the way" ????
No one messed with the switch previously and He never had any issues with it .
Well back to his busy life he let it sit some more . -5 wheather also didn't help. Went back tried to resolve
He tried a few things with the key area and managed to dislodge the rfid chip reader ( Garr) in the mean time the Apartment complex didn't like it there and towed it away cause it sat too long. Now he has a non running Saab in a tow yard . ( we will get it towed out of there soon but then what?)
So my question is is there a realistic way of fixing/ replacing the switch/lock without that special Tech 2 programmer ? . We do have the original key.
Can I put some sort of aftermarket switch/lock in that doesn't need the chip?
Again we still can't get key into the lock.
I guess what I looking for is what might be the cheapest way to get a working ignition lock/switch
So we can at least go back to diagnosing the no start condition or maybe it really is the Ign Cassette hopefully.
Merry Christmas you all !
Thanks for any input you may have to offer
Billy