Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    "Senior Member" ....HAH! Sparky's 9-5 3t's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    "Freja" '03 9-5 Arc

Exclamation Help. 9-5 V6 3.0t Coolant Connector Tube NEEDED

I have a '03 9-5 Arc with the 3.0t. She's been down for 5 months due to power steering pump replacement/health problems/and now the coolant connector tube mounting tab was broken.

The coolant connector tube connects the thermostat housing to the upper radiator hose on the 3.0's, it runs under the intake manifolds.

I haven't been around in a while but still love my Freja...

But I've always loved wagons too so I've been putting my time into building Ellen. I've wanted a wagon since the '99 S4 Avant came to the States and picked this up from in-laws...

'01 allroad Stage 3+ Motor build and swap/RS4 twin turbo swap/6-speed manual trans swap (trans, axles, mounts, driveshaft, wiring)/AWE upgraded Porsche diverter valves (fit on 9-5's)/AWE intake/home-built dual 3" exhaust/custom and coated exhaust mani's/custom and coated turbo pipes/Apikol braces and performance parts/Adam's Rotors, track model, with EBC Redstuffs/Air Lift Performance 3H-3P Management with BecauseBags air bags, 3-8's air lines, dual compressors, 4 gallon tank, bluetooth/H&R upgraded rear sway/Konig Oversteers 19x8.5 on 245-35 Conti's with 17mm and 15mm spacers (F&R, respectively)/30% tint/etc/etc. Trailer hitch

I love the wagon, wanted one since '98. But it was honestly a let-down. I prefer the Saab more. If the 9-5 interior and exterior in wagon form were dropped onto the allroad 2.7tt quattro drivetrain, it'd be the perfect car.
    --T7 Suited V6 by Rabbit--Taliaferro K&N assembly--Relay 666--Rear fog light mod--6k HID headlamps--18" SS wheels--225/45/18 ContiExtremeContact Continentals--FMIC in the garage not mounted yet--HKS SSQV--Blacked-out front grill--

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    So... you can't find the part from parts vendors? Do you know the part number?

If not, that's the first step: http://www.jimellissaabparts.com/sho...category=19608

Saab(s)
    "Freja" '03 9-5 Arc
    Really appreciate the reply, thank you.

The part is discontinued and haven't been able to find one. eBay, scrap yards, new parts vendors, etc.

It's number 5 in this photo.
    https://goo.gl/images/RO3MFf
    --T7 Suited V6 by Rabbit--Taliaferro K&N assembly--Relay 666--Rear fog light mod--6k HID headlamps--18" SS wheels--225/45/18 ContiExtremeContact Continentals--FMIC in the garage not mounted yet--HKS SSQV--Blacked-out front grill--

Saab(s)
    02 9 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky's 9-5 3t View Post
    Really appreciate the reply, thank you.

The part is discontinued and haven't been able to find one. eBay, scrap yards, new parts vendors, etc.

It's number 5 in this photo.
    https://goo.gl/images/RO3MFf

Ever have any luck finding this? I am in the same boat right now, I found that Saturn and Cadillac used the same pipe on their 3.0 engines in the 90's however they are missing the little nipple that we need for the small hose. I might just drill the one I got for a Saturn and put a fitting in it at this point but I'd really like a factory one.

Saab(s)
    "Freja" '03 9-5 Arc
    Unfortunately not :/ I sent messages to scrap yards and eBay vendors parting out 9-5's but never heard back. It's frustrating seeing the coolant tube in pics from scrappers and not being able to get it. Grrrrrrr.

Actually worked on Freja earlier. Pulled the intakes and the coolant tube with the thermostat housing. Original plan was to fit and clamp radiator hose over the t-stat housing and coolant tube. The clearance between the head and the timing belt backing plate is tight though. Fortunately a buddy was able to fish the broken tab out of the spot it was wedged in (it fell down next to the base of the dipstick tube and I couldn't get it out). The broken tab will be welded back onto the tube this week. I have a TIG setup but I've never done aluminum and don't wanna risk this as a first try, lol. Hopefully everything will be ok on install.

Somebody replied to my post about this on another site. I'll see if he's still able to get one for you.

Saab(s)
    02 9 5
    Yea man I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to attempt to drill and tap the tube I have that's for a saturn and install a fitting for the turbo coolant line. The tube is identical to ours just missing this fitting, however drilling and tapping cast aluminum is a 50/50 deal. I'm hoping this holds but would be much more comfortable with the correct tube that was built for the car. Knowing saab/gm/Renault that fitting for the turbo coolant line is in that exact spot on the tube for some kind of fluid dynamics. /s

Let me know how it goes.

Saab(s)
    "Freja" '03 9-5 Arc
    Found this...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Inf...0-490-341-M150

thanks to a response on SaabCentral. I ordered one (along with 2 coolant tube o-rings and a new thermostat/housing/o-ring). There's no guarantee they can get the part but they will try. Give it a shot and try to get one.

If we are able to fix my coolant tube and the ordered tube from Pelican comes through I'd happily sell it to you for cost.