Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab Aero 93 2003
    Thumbs Up:   0
    I have chance the air intake to the turbo brand new. I take also out the fuel injector and i clean them, still the same i check all the vacuum with a special machine and no leak. I dont now what else to to.Maybe is the fuel regulator.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Wagon
    Thumbs Up:   56
    With gas on the vacuum side of the fuel pressure regulator it needs to be replaced, it might not be the entire problem, but it does need to be replaced.

This second part is to save time if this doesn't fix the entire problem and I can't be more specific because Europe has different emissions than the US, so some engine control things work differently.

The cam position sensor is a common failure, an inexpensive part and easy to change if you're working with the car on a hoist, bit of a bugger if it's on jack stands. as you have a vacuum tester check the running vacuum and don't just replace it to test it, even if it doesn't cost much. No need to waste money.
    The engine controller sets fuel amount through the injectors and controls air through the throttle body like a choke on an old carburetor and your car should have a limp home on the throttle body, make sure that isn't tripped. No special equipment need and cost nothing to check so take a quick look.
    A bad temp sensor will tell the controller the engine is cold and needs to be choked, so check temp sensors voltages on engine and charge air pipe for voltage change between cold and warm. It will be mille volts. You do need a volt ohm meter for this. Also check throttle position sensor for smooth resistance change open and closed throttle.
    Don't forget to look and see if ground connections are good, cost nothing to look and takes no special equipment.

If you still have a problem after this you will probably need access to the Saab engine control system and that means getting hooked up to a tech2 with Saab software. Odds are that by the time you replace your fuel pressure regulator, check your wire harness grounds and make sure your sensors are working, you will have fixed the problem. If not you will need help I can't give you from here.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab Aero 93 2003
    The temp sensor can cause this problems? I have chance my cam sensor a 2 weeks ago brand new one. I have cheak all my sensor with a multi meter they working fine.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Wagon
    After I bought my Saab I bought the complete service manual on CD and yesterday I spent a couple of hours going over the 2003 Saab service section. Yes a sensor can do this, a bad wire connection can do this, a bad engine controller can do this and except for the fuel pressure regulator, it sounds like you have checked and done everything you can without having a scan tool with Saab service software. The Saab WIS is written to provide answers to all kinds of problems, but it expects these answers to come as test results from the tech2 scan tool and for some of these answers it expects the test results to be downloaded from the tool to the computer. This tool is pricy and depending on what part needs to be replaced you will need to use it several times to break even if you buy one. If replacing your fuel pressure regulator doesn't solve this problem, having someone with this tool fix your car will save you money because diagnosing a bad part doesn't program it to work with the car and you might have reached this point.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab Aero 93 2003
    I have a OBd 2 scan tool and the error now is P1312-00 ignition coil - knock detection cylinder 1& 2. What is that?

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Wagon

P1312

P1312.pdf

So you've taken care of 3 of the 4 codes and this could be the final fix. Can't print the pages that want answers to tech2 tests, problem can be wires, wire connections, coil pack module, or engine control module.

If it helps any, I once replaced a single plug coil on an 01 Volvo, problem is easy to find when you have individual coils and while I had the top off I put in new plugs when I replaced the bad coil. When I fired it up I found two more bad coils, the old coils were good enough to fire the old plugs, but not strong enough to fire the new. You did put in all new plugs and I suspect that your engine control module is good and you will find a bad plug connection or coil pack.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Digger; 10 January 2017 at 22:33. Reason: After thought