Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-5 2.3T Wagon

2001 9-5 2.3L Auto Trans cooler hose

I'm leaking ATF from banjo bolts, hard lines and the joints between the hard line and the flexible hoses between the radiation and my transmission, not to mention all sorts of corrosion to all of the metal portions of the hard and flexible lines....

So I was hoping to replace all of the trans cooler hoses and lines.... I easily got the banjo bolts, hard lines, washers, and one of the soft lines, but can't seem to find part number 5194873 anywhere.... it seems like it is discontinued...

Does any one know if there is a new version, or a 1 piece version of this hose? Anyone have experience either using the 2002+ hose or maybe the v6 hose?

Was there a transmission change that would make the 2002 hose not work? It seems odd that there was a different hose for just the 2001 9-5.

Any thoughts on a replacement for this this hose?

Im afraid if i replace the hard line that the quick disconnect fitting will end up leaking even more than it does already.

Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9000CSE, 9-3 Aero Convertible, 9-5 HOT Aero
    Jay, did you manage to get your hose problem sorted......on my 9-5, the metal length behind the rad is corroded and leaking, can get the replacement but only the metal bit.....is this the "quick disconnect fitting" you mention in your post which connects the metal pipe to the rubber hose leading to the auto gearbox?