Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero Convertible 20 yr anniversary edition

Arc convertible front seat swap

Hello gang! New to the forum, but not to Saabs. I just bought a 2004 Arc convertible and the front seats are cracked and worn. I've been searching for replacement seats and seat skins. Replacement seats are pricey to say the least and putting on new skins seem daunting, but a cheaper alternative? With that, I've found a set of seats out of a 2008 9-3 sedan on ebay for 400 plus shipping, bringing the cost to around 600. Here's my question: has anyone done a swap like this? I know my vert has the seat belt mounted on the side of the seat and is held in with a plastic cover on the back of the seat. Could I remove that from my current seat and retrofit or will that not work? Just looking for some suggestions from you guys. Thanks!

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Arc Convertible, 2008 9-3 2.0T
    That swap is not possible. Everything about the seats are quite different.

Have you tried calling Goldwing Saab in NY for convertible seats?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Another option is re-dying the leather. If the cracks are small they are easy to fill or sand smooth and if the seats are black you can't get the color wrong.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero Convertible 20 yr anniversary edition
    Thanks for the info! I haven't called Goldwing Saab, but I'm starting to lean toward the seat covers from lseat.com - for the price. And I've also looked at re-dying the leather per digger's suggestion. I'll keep looking as I'm not in a hurry. Thanks again for the reply!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    If you're not fixing tears and punctures this 20 minute video will tell you everything you need to know, well almost everything. It doesn't tell you to remove the seat from the car and put it on a work table. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doa0gzfpQCw