Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi Aero
    Thanks for all the info. That clears it up nicely. Now I just have to find some seats after I fix the alternator:-)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Manual Aero
    Hi all, I'd like to get some help with this and ask the OP if they ever went through with this swap. If so, how did it go?

I just put 2002 Aero seats in my 2000 Aero, and now when I turn the key I hear a crazy clicking sound from the driver's side of the dash, and the seats won't move. They did move when I initially plugged them in, so I don't know what might have happened... This thread has said that you can put any OG seats in a 2002 or earlier, but is that actually true?

Do I need to remove these seats and swap the foam/leather onto my old bases?

Thanks for any help.

Quick Edit: Apparently my battery was almost flat, could that have had something to do with this behavior?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi Aero
    I didn't end up getting the seats so I don't know for sure. That said, I do get some intermittent 'clicking / buzzing' from the dash, on occasion, when I turn on my intermittently working drivers side seat heater. I figure I have a short in the element or the switch in the dash is going bad. I haven't investigated it though.
    Good luck!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Manual Aero
    Okay, that helps a bit. My heat and vent switches are all off, but maybe the pins are confused between the two years. The connector is exactly the same, but maybe wire functions are different in the same spots.

We'll see what happens when the battery is charged. Hopefully I don't have to live with my uncomfortable old seats... Thanks!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Manual Aero
    Quick update: My problem was simply the battery being on its last legs. After a good long charge, everything is happy again. Seats work perfectly, and are so much more comfortable!

For anyone's future reference, I dug through the WIS and diagrammed what pins go where on the connection to the passenger seat in a left-hand drive car - I believe it is more or less the same for the driver's side, but the memory module pins would be populated.

IMGUR LINK

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Hello, clicking was coming almost surely from your flat battery who does not have enough current to move the seat.. No reason to have issues with seats since 02 MY. Let us know about..