Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)

Saab could have been part of Peugeot Citroen 2017.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38984190

GM and PSA (Peugeot) are in talks for Opel/Vauxhall to be sold.

What if.....
    Saab managed to avoid liquidity problems and did not cease production. In the 2015 model year, the new Saab 900 came out, 2 years late due to funding. Not wanting to buy a first year model, I bought a 2016 Saab 900. Now GM is thinking of selling Saab/Opel/Vauxhall to Peugeot. Would you be happy if the 2027 Saab were designed in France? WAKE UP!!!!! THIS IS REALITY!!!!

I see the rationale for the sale. Opel and Vauxhall are not profitable in recent years. However, not having Opel and Buick have to then be badged engineered by Chevrolet. There won't be much of a market for small and medium sized cars. I also see a rationale for holding market share and small car expertise by keeping Opel.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    GM and any phrase with rational or any version of the word is an oxymoron. They are totally interested in short term profit.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's official now, GM is getting out of Europe and sold Opel. Hard to imagine Opels are going to based on PSA technology. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-op...-idUSKBN16D0J1

If Spyker had been succesful with Saab, perhaps they could have bought Opel. That actually would have been pretty awesome. Not sure if they could have afforded it but I am sure Mr. Muller would have had some financial tricks in his hat.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    I'm surprised that Opel has sold. Much has been made of GM's losing money strategy in Europe with Saab, and now Opel. Wonder where Buick is going to get its next model, LOL. Did GM load the deal with "poison pill" provisions that required Opel models continue to use GM parts and tech, as they did with Saab, or is it a clean dump and run? Saab was cursed with GM "behind the scenes" chicanery, and an indifferent Swedish government to the demise of their auto manufacturing. Funny, the Swedes didn't feel the same when it came to parts, as Orio came into existence. I confess to not much knowledge of how European car companies operate; is the PSA Citroen takeover good?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's interesting to think of PSA making an entrance in the USA. Peugeot was sold here but I don't think it was a big hit. Not sure how Citroen would do here in the US but their DS Automobiles luxury brand looks interesting. Opel was sold here as well.

The Astra was rebadged as a Saturn but that brand is gone as well and it probably wasn't a big seller.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    I have a favorable impression of Opel, since my first car was a late 60s Opel Kadett. It was a more expensive small car alternative to VW beetles and Datsuns, but I loved that car. If PSA enters the US market, not sure what they would offer. I'm not fond of the crossover models currently popular nowadays, do you think PSA has a model line that could attract a niche market?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    Saw this article on Jalopnik that answers my question about Buick: http://jalopnik.com/buick-will-get-m...a-n-1793038921

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    well, as European myself and driving some Opels before, the general quality for now is very low except for the luxury model head of the brand " INSIGNIA" (full options V6 cost 67000 $ ) in last 30 years Opel slowly down in their qualities : strong, reliable, easy to drive... the only promoting thing in their advertising is the " new" ONstar ( new Europeans authorities laws ) Okay I see US citizens have a smile on their face. and the web network live... so new isn't it !!
    GM has been losing 15 billions euros the last 15 years with Opel but they have been made so much mistakes !!
    for the PSA group they have both bad experiences in the US market I don't think they want to renew the experience.
    Maybe just few DS models and nothing else, but the car market development is actually in China or India perfect for selling their models, building on site,
    to the middle class.