Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Premium Turbo4

Thumbs up 2010-2011 Saab 9-5 USA Infotainment Firmware Update U803

This was so hard to find, but simple to install and completely fixed my infotainment system. Check radio version in Configuration. If you have U415 with bugs, upgrade U803 *(upgrade E800 for Europe) Do NOT mix-up.

U803 Nav Software Update Files/Instructions
    Credit: TroyandEddie on SaabCentral. I've attached the U803 Nav software update and instructions. All you need is to extract the 3 files in the zip onto a USB drive and follow the directions below. Full credit for this glorious find goes to Arlind Muca from the 'Saab 9-5 NG Connection' page on Facebook. I updated from U40D and this fixed all my memory issues and other radio/Nav gremlins!

ZIP Download
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...DQyZDc5aEM3alU

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: You should format the USB Drive before using it (FAT32). Also, you must take the three files out of the zip file. The only files that should be on the
    USB drive are the ones listed in step #2. ALSO, if you have an old or weak battery, you may want to hook your car up to a trickle/slow charger during the update. The entire process takes 30 minutes.

1. Turn on the car to accessory mode. (Foot OFF BRAKE - Hold down the start button for 10 seconds.) This won’t start the engine, but it will put your car in ACC mode.
    2. Insert the USB drive with the following files: FAA_BC06.VBK, HASHLIST.DAT, and LOADING.KWI
    3. Press the OK button.
    4. The update will begin. This will take some time. Grab a beer. It will say “Number of Programs remaining.” This process, including the next step #5, takes about 10-15 minutes.
      (NOTE: Step-5 and 6 did not happen on my update.)
    5. After the 1st program updates, you’ll hear radio static. After the 2nd program updates, it’ll prompt you to “Please turn ignition off and then on.”
    6. Turn off ignition, then turn back on to ACC mode (hold down start button for 10 seconds.)
    7. There will be a white, empty progress bar on the bottom of your radio. This will take another 10-15 minutes to complete.
    8. After the progress bar completes, you’ll see the SAAB splash logo. It will then return to the first update screen you saw after you put your USB drive in. You may remove your USB, and press Cancel on the screen.
    9. Congrats! You’re updated to the latest version.

Saab(s)
    73 99 EMS, 91 900T
    Very nice! So is this compatible with all ng9-5s with nav? I just got a 2010 yesterday and it looks like it's got U306, could I upgrade straight to this version safely?

Saab(s)
    73 99 EMS, 91 900T
    I'll answer my own question, worked fine, straight from U306 to u803. Did have a slightly scary moment when it came back on and there was no sound on FM, but power cycling the head unit fixed it.

Paul

Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Premium Turbo4
    Could not answer your question but so glad it worked. Fixed all my infotainment issues.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2010 Aero XWD NG 95 Artic White Tan Interior

Download Error

When I try to download the zip file it gets about half way thru the process then says network error. Is there another source for the file?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It downloaded ok for me. I uploaded the file here so give that a try: http://saabworld.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2302

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 2010
    I've tried upgrading my system using the E800 download. The first upgrade ran perfectly but the second froze just after starting. I've got the "radio static" sound reported in the instructions but the file wont process. Now all the car's sounds are corrupted - from indicator clicking/radio/handsfree phone/parking sensors. Everything has been wiped out by the static.

I think I might have installed the US version instead of UK but the UK E800 only has two files, not three. I tried to overwrite with the UK files. The upgrade completes successfully but hasn't fixed the issues. I wish I'd left the system well alone - I could cope with the clock being an hour out and the satnav starting in Belgium. Now I've got a bigger issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to overcome it?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 95 Vector SE Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabAnn View Post
    I've tried upgrading my system using the E800 download. The first upgrade ran perfectly but the second froze just after starting. I've got the "radio static" sound reported in the instructions but the file wont process. Now all the car's sounds are corrupted - from indicator clicking/radio/handsfree phone/parking sensors. Everything has been wiped out by the static.

I think I might have installed the US version instead of UK but the UK E800 only has two files, not three. I tried to overwrite with the UK files. The upgrade completes successfully but hasn't fixed the issues. I wish I'd left the system well alone - I could cope with the clock being an hour out and the satnav starting in Belgium. Now I've got a bigger issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to overcome it?
    Good Morning

Try and load the files again (2 Files For Europe only).
    I can send then to you by mail.
    Send me a mail to this and I will reply.
    eaglepoint03@yahoo.co.uk
    Leave the car running while you are re updating.

Regards
    Denis R

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 2010
    Thanks Dennis,

I've tried to load the files again with the car running. I get the same update screen but with the following information:-

Current New
    Nav E800 E800
    XM FXA_7280 None
    Audio FAACBC06 None

The OK button is greyed out and the only option is to cancel. It looks like there's not an audio upgrade available to overwrite the corrupted one.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 95 Vector SE Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabAnn View Post
    Thanks Dennis,

I've tried to load the files again with the car running. I get the same update screen but with the following information:-

Current New
    Nav E800 E800
    XM FXA_7280 None
    Audio FAACBC06 None

The OK button is greyed out and the only option is to cancel. It looks like there's not an audio upgrade available to overwrite the corrupted one.
    Good Afternoon

Ok I see when I upgraded for E40B SW to E800 i just had 2 files.
    No issues.
    But I have heard that sometimes it dosen't work.
    I think the fact you loaded the US E803 SW first has cause this issue.
    Here in Ireland we only have 1 Saab dealer that can rectify SW issues thats Gordon Kellett in Dublin.
    I presume you may have a dealer in the UK that maybe able to help you.
    I guess I was lucky.
    Best of luck with your search.
    I am sorry I can of be no help to you.

Regards
    Denis R