Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 B207E

Cabin Air Filter Housing Missing? (2008 9-3 1.8t linear)

Hi everyone,

Need some advice here.

I wanted to change my cabin air filter today and realized that the cabin air filter housing was missing.

Here's a photo of it. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this.

Name:  170222_1759.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  37.2 KB

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 TTiD Hirsch Performance
    Must look like this (without air filter here)

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Your in Asia? Is your car right or left hand drive?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 B207E
    Yep. In asia. Car is right hand drive. Drives on the left of the road.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You obviously don't have one of the rectangular cabin air filters mounted where you would expect it to be so you probably have one mounted in the center.
    I grabbed these instructions from an old UK Saab Scene posting and they may be just what you need.

1. Open the hood, look at the windshield wipers, pop of the black cap on each wiper that covers the bolt holding on the wiper. Put in a safe place.
    2. With a ratchet (13mm), take off the bolt on each wiper which holds the wiper on. Keep in in mind how the wipers looked as far as orientation, and set aside marked left and right.
    Once the bolt is removed, the wiper can be removed.
    3. The next thing to attack is the plastic covering which buts right up against and runs the length of the windshield. To do this you must pull of a rubber strip which runs the length of the plastic cowling along the windshield. You will see what I mean. It is on the side of the cowling towards the engine, and it looks like the rubber pieces that go around the doors of the car and keep the air seal tight.
    4. Next take the actual cowl off. You will need to jiggle it out from under the windshield molding, and will need to squeeze it right and left to work it out so it is bent in the middle.
    Facing the car, remove the left side as the right side is wired with the wiper washers cable.
    There is a black cover which can be removed easily.
    5. Right there, in full view, you will see the filter. It is about 4" by about 14", and it snaps out easily. (Also, I would say go for a new one, and forget washing the thing.)
    6. There, I removed all the junks which is around, took a vacuum cleaner, and then wet towels to clean the area. There is also a vertical rubber drain which was full of junk and it's a good idea to empty it...
    7. Slide back the bottom cowl, screw into place, and snap in the new pollen filter.
    8. Then you work the second cowl back under the windshield ( Not very easy, take your time and start carefully by one side), reattach the tubes for the washer fluid, and put the rubber molding along the forward edge of the big cowl.
    9. Now snap the wipers back on, put on the bolts and bolt covers, and as far as I remember, you are all set.

Note : The most difficult part is to put back the black cover so it fits under the windshield. I had to do two attempts before finding the right way to do it.
    Total time : 45 mn (taking the time to clean nicely the area and to unclog the drain)[/b]