Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon

ABS Module 0 273 004 701

Hi There,

I am still having an issue with my 2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon ABS module, sent it out for repair, and the dash is still light up with the exception of a cleared CEL, and now working speedometer (phew). The rebuilder told me the 2003 and 2004 9-5 Saabs have issues with repair. I'm getting solenoid valve code: C1450-0 (open circuit). Is anyone familiar with this?

Also, would it be okay to get a Module from a former or latter year Saab 9-5?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Queen

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    I had a problem with the ABS/TCS triangle of death lights, but the speedo worked. Turned out to be bad connections to the rear sensors. Had to replace the connections, in the harness under the carpet by the left rear passenger seat. Sometimes it can be a bad wheel sensor, too. I believe the key symptom is if the speedo works. With bad ABS controllers, the speedo doesn't work. A bad wheel sensor can be diagnosed with a Tech 2. If it's a bad connection, there is a great write up on saabnet.com by danofromtexas. It's in his gallery; you'll have to do a search. Rear wheel sensors might be pricey, as I believe they are part of the hub, not separate like the front's. Front sensor connections are not as likely to go bad as the rear, and are easier to check. BTW, if you have to get another controller, unless it is the same part number, it will have to be programmed in by a Tech 2.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    It's definitely worth a try before I start searching for a used module. Did you try the ABS module, and were you getting a CEL? Or do you remember the code the from the Tech II. Thanks for your reply, and the rear sensor info.

I actually tried to clean the sensors before I sent the ABS module out for repair, and once I did that the lights stayed on (before they were intermittent), but the speedometer wasn't working until I received the module back from the rebuilder.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    I did not have the same issues as you, just the triangle of death, and then only when the weather was warm. I was just about to send off my ABS control unit when I found this link http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/members/g...=show&id=20178 on saabnet.com. It's Dano in Texas not danofromtexas as I stated earlier. After repairing the connections, I've not had any more issues. It may not cure your problem, but check out the link, as it provides insight about ABS.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    Ok, thanks. I will give it a whirl, I have a strong feeling this is the answer. I will report back.
    Last edited by Queen; 26 February 2017 at 17:03.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    The problem winded up being my ABS Module. I sent it off to be remaned but FYI, there are a lot of issues with the solenoids on the Saab 9-5 2003-04 modules (modules part #'s ending in 514 and 701) so while the reman repair may fix the speedometer it sometimes will not be able to fix the other ABS components. Hence you'll see all of the warning lights associated with that issue.

If you have either of these modules check with the repair center before sending it out. I was fortunate enough to get a refund but sometimes that may not be the case.

Now, I was also happy to find a 2004 9-5 at Pull-A-Part last week (sign up for their email notifications so you know when your model comes in, or check on their site regularly if there is one in your city). The module was just sitting there all pretty. I grabbed it, it took about 10 minutes to remove it, and paid $22.50. What a relief! ABS problem solved.

Don't give up if you're having this challenge, you might just find a module replacement right under your nose.

Faulty ABS Module Symptoms:
    -TCS warning light
    -ABS warning light
    -Brake warning light
    -Emergency triangle warning light
    -Speedometer may eventually stop working
    -CH-1450-0 solenoid valve code (open circuit w/ an abs code reader, had mine read for $15 at an indie shop)

Never fear, a Module repair or replacement part is near. Don't give up.

Saab(s)
    SAAB 9-5 Vector 2.3T 220hp 2004
    Hi
    Did you get a used module with same part no or different part no?