Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3
    Thumbs Up:   0

Spring help

Hey there, I need to change the front springs on my 9-3. It's a 2008 automatic 2.0 petrol vector sport. I need to know whether I have the standard or sport specification springs. Will these fit?

http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/front-suspension-springs-pair-alternative-saab-sport-p-1720.html?osCsid=03d35824dd3ee4c2406fcf58e3a93623

Also, will these discs and pads fit?

http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/front-b...ed8eb7ef26bbf2

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by mrtsbrother; 06 March 2017 at 17:38. Reason: Bad link

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   150
    If your car came with 17 in wheels you will have the sport suspension, if not your springs should be color coded and if the color code is gone you need to find the label with the number code to if you're looking for standard or sport springs.

These are the Saab alpha codes for front rotors, you should be able to find a black label on the door frame that lists all the brakes codes for your car. On my car the label is on the drivers side and I would expect that it would be on the drivers side for yours. After you find the label, pull one wheel front and rear then measure the rotors to make sure you have the right label for your car on your car. If the brake rotors are labeled right pretty good odds that the spring rate is also right.
    Front
    AA: 15" 285mm
    AB: 16" 302mm
    AC: 16"+ 314mm (mounted on 2.8 V6)
    AD: 17" 345mm (starting from 2008 only on Turbo X)
    Rear
    BA: 15" 278mm (from 2003 to 2007 on 1.8i, 2.0t, 1,9JTD. From 2008 on only mounted on 1.8i)
    BB: 16" 292mm
    BC: 16" 292mm only on XWD

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    9-3
    Thanks so much for the advice. In terms of colour coding, the plastic sheath on top of the spring is colour coded (that's the but that's broken and fallen off) although the spring itself looks black.

I can't find the label around the drivers door, where exactly is yours?

Thanks for your help

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   150
    I have a left hand drive and my label is on the left side near the base of the pillar between the front and back doors.
    Check for color code on the other front spring.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    9-3 2.0T Sport Estate US Spec MY2006
    Thumbs Up:   7
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    If your car came with 17 in wheels you will have the sport suspension ...
    That is not a rule, maybe in the US but definitely not outside the US.

I assume the Topic starter is from the UK given his location, and typically a Vector (trim designation) has a standard (Comfort) suspension, not a sport suspension.

If your springs are original Saab then they have a colour code, see this example (White/Orange = Standard front suspension springs for a B207 Automatic Sport Estate):

If not, then you can check it on the black label on the bottom of the B-pillar on the driver side. If this label is not on your driver-side B-pillar then check your left side B-Pillar for the label

Example label: http://www.saab-93-ss.nl/index.php/e...-3-info/brakes

Also please note that only in the US these labels where completely filled in, so it might be that your label only shows dashes instead of codes. Not really helpful from Saab...

And lastly, just fill in your VIN in the upper left field "Show parts by VIN" on the http://www.thesaabsite.com website, and after clicking "additional details" you will get a big list of all the options which were installed in the factory on your specific car, including which suspension was installed.

Do keep in mind that this does not inform you if a previous owner has changed the suspension from standard to sport

Quote Originally Posted by mrtsbrother View Post
    .. In terms of colour coding, the plastic sheath on top of the spring is colour coded (that's the but that's broken and fallen off) although the spring itself looks black. ...
    No, that is the blue protective hose which is installed on the bottom end of the springs and prevents squeaking noises from your spring.

1 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    9-3
    Thanks for your help guys. I've found my sticker (passenger side in the UK!) I'll h check out that link and enter my vin. Really appreciate the help!! I would include a photo of the sticker but can't work out how to on this forum.

That's again.

0 Not allowed!