1997 NG 900 SE

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    take a pic of ...really useful

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Aero
    Here is the small hose...where does it go? Everything just says Throttle Body, but which port?Name:  Small Hose.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  33.7 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Aero
    I read a couple other responses to my issue, indicating that I could have a blown turbo. They say that I wouldn't really see oil in my cobra pipe since the oil goes to the intercooler after it blows past the seals. I don't really know much about turbos so I am relying on other people's input here. Now I'm starting to wonder if my turbo is blown.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Aero
    Okay, so it stopped smoking. The check valve that was covered in the insulation was completely plugged, I replaced it. Also, at the same time, I took the small line with the check valve leading out from the valve cover and connected it to the throttle body. Now I smell just a bit of burning oil, but there is no longer a military smoke grenade going off behind me when I'm driving anymore. Thanks for all your help guys, hope this thread helps someone else out.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Aero
    Oh, by the way, in case anyone else was wondering, there were three ports on the throttle body, I put the other end of the small hose into the bottom port on the throttle body.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    Do like Unclemiltie said to other site check your turbo ...for your tube it goes on the 3 nipples on the throttle body the 1st below, goes under injection ramp and connected to it.
    I leave my couch for that hope it help you .;-)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Aero
    Quick update. Blow off valve was only opening partially, just enough to relieve pressure into vacuum line but not enough to allow the flow of air between the two main ports. (ouch) Hopefully the turbo wasn't too badly damaged in the process. Got it bypassed with a copper elbow and plugged the vacuum line for now while I wait for the new part to arrive. I wonder how the plugged BOV affected my PCV circuit? Before I bypassed my blow off valve/turbo bypass valve I noticed a few drops of coolant in my PCV lines...this was most certainly how the mayonnaise was appearing in my oil fill tube. I heard the turbo in this car was water cooled...I also heard that there is a pipe inside of a pipe that supplies the water to the turbo. I'm wondering if (a) the coolant entering my PCV lines might be from the turbo and (b) if it IS from the turbo if it is possible that this coolant supply pipe might have a seal on it that I can just replace? I just bypassed the BOV, so I have not had time to see if the CEL will come back, or if the mayonnaise will return. My blue 4mm silicone hosing should arrive tomorrow, can't wait. Smoke seems to have gone down even more, cant see any at all, though I think I can still smell a little. Any ideas about this coolant in the PCV system issue anyone? Is it possible that the bad BOV caused this to happen? Thanks again for all of your help, everyone! First time owning a Saab, and let me tell you, they are interesting cars.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    MY friend I have an advice for you to do quickly: if you don't doing that, drop the sump and see what's happen there, and use only synthetic oil 5w30/40. they have sludge problems and if your PCV system is clogged seems to showing, they run with not so good oil ...

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    MY friend I have an advice for you to do quickly: if you don't doing that, drop the sump and see what's happen there, and use only synthetic oil 5w30/40. they have sludge problems and if your PCV system is clogged seems to showing, they run with not so good oil ... and change oil every 6000 miles that's important.