Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Ben Stevens
    Saab(s)
    '04 9-3 Linear, '06 9-3 SportCombi

Vibrations @ 60km/h in 4th

Hey guys,

Fairly certain I'm not the only one who has experienced this as my parents' '06 9-3 does it as well. When I'm using tiptronic and going about 60km/h in 4th gear, the car very noticeably vibrates and it is quite an annoyance as a lot of the roads in my area have a limit of 60. It only occurs between 60 and about 70 and it gradually disappears as I put my foot down. I believe it could be something to do with the revs but it sits around 2k when going 60 in 4th. Also, when im going 55 in 3rd and shift it up to 4th, it downshifts itself back to 3rd so I don't think it could be the revs are too low for the speed or something like that, assuming it would downshift itself in that situation. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks!!

Saab(s)
    2004 saab 93 Aero Saloon auto
    Yes, that's the annoying thing about the tiptronic function, it assumes that if you're using the manual mode you must be wanting peak torque all the time, so it downshifts to give you just that! It is a pain if you want to use the manual mode and just potter about, that's what the automatic mode is for and as far as I know, there's not a lot you can do about it!
    Regards,
    Chalpkin.