Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Ben Stevens
    Saab(s)
    '04 9-3 Linear, '06 9-3 SportCombi

Lock System Failure

Hey guys!

As it now turns out, there is a lock system failure with my '04 9-3 Linear. Sometimes, when I lock the doors using the fob, the driver front door and the passenger rear doors don't lock, as they should. Any tips on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappah View Post
    Hey guys!

As it now turns out, there is a lock system failure with my '04 9-3 Linear. Sometimes, when I lock the doors using the fob, the driver front door and the passenger rear doors don't lock, as they should. Any tips on how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Interesting,
    Usually works? sometimes only passenger front door locks and other doors don't?
    With all the electronics in the lock system it could be body control module and or the door lock modules, but you do get a lot of winter up in Calgary. Your window weather strip is twelve going on thirteen years old and my first best guess is winter sticky lock mechanisms.
    From the fob you get a short lock pulse and it may not be long enough to pull down a winter sticky half frozen from moisture mechanism. Before chasing after anything computer related, get yourself some WD40 in a spray can with a nozzle tube, stick the business end of that extender tube into the door latch area, point it up, down, sideways and hose those things down.

Ben Stevens
    Saab(s)
    UPDATE: Now my car won't unlock at all!! It has been sitting for about a day and been unlocked within that day but now it just seems to have crapped out! I can't seem to unlock it no matter how close I stand or how hard I press the button... Help please!!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    1 Try your other key, if that doesn't work
    2 Use hard key to unlock driver door and use door button to make sure your door locks work If locks don't work with door button check fuse.
    3 Insert key and turn on that will resynch key to car. if that doesn't work get new battery for fobs and repeat step 3

Ben Stevens
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    1 Try your other key, if that doesn't work
    2 Use hard key to unlock driver door and use door button to make sure your door locks work If locks don't work with door button check fuse.
    3 Insert key and turn on that will resynch key to car. if that doesn't work get new battery for fobs and repeat step 3
    Unfortunately I've only got one key.. I plan to use hard key to unlock it tomorrow so I can pop the hood and disconnect the battery's negative connection to kind of "reset" it as I've read is a common fix for the problem. Thanks Digger!!

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    did you try it to sitting on your car push the locking button on console it is work or not ?

Ben Stevens
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swisssaabist View Post
    did you try it to sitting on your car push the locking button on console it is work or not ?
    It's very odd, it occasionally un/locks all doors but I do think the locks might just be a bit sticky. The weather fluctuates like crazy up here so it would make sense.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    I am a firm believer in the mystical abilities of WD40 to ward off the evil spirits that make locks winter sticky and cause doors to freeze shut. The stuff works so well that if you do a good job of hosing down the parts that stick together you can run your car through a high pressure wash at night when it's 10 below and not be frozen out in the morning. When you wash a car in that kind of weather you can use to little, you can't use to much, but you also don't want to waste the stuff so it's always a good idea to leave at least one door on the latch but not slammed tight. The important thing is that the stuff works. I've never been to Calgary, but I live in Minneapolis and I've spent a "couple of days" in Fairbanks, so I imagine the weather in Calgary is a good mixture of the two. It works in Minnesota, it works in Alaska and it will work in Canada.

Saab(s)
    9-2X
    You can fix the car’s power door lock like the professional car lockout service providers do. Try the following method:

-Check the battery whether it is dead and replace it if needed.

-If the key fob isn’t sending any signal, then replace the fob with another. Check how it works with the other doors. If it doesn’t work, then change the fob. If it works with other doors, then the problem is with the door lock solenoid. It is advised to get assistance from any locksmith to replace the solenoid.

-Check the lock mechanism, work the door lock manually up and down, if it tries to move then it is a frozen lock. You can use a hair dryer to heat the key or the lock mechanism.

-Spray lubricant inside the lock mechanism and wait for 10 mins. It works for the sticky locks.

-If the door lock doesn’t have enough power, hold the door switch in the up and down position and slowly open them and close the door for a few times to see whether it works. If it works then the wire in the hinge area might be broken.

Last edited by AnJos; 31 October 2017 at 05:41.