Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T

Sway bar end link / struts / springs

New here and to Saab, not to mention how forums really work, so please be kind

I recently purchased a, 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T with 132k mi on it, from my son-in-law.

His local mechanic had informed him of a few concerns with the vehicle such as a brink engineer sway bar end link on the passenger side.

I have driven this vehicle in the past and the ride was good. I drove the vehicle recently and the front end seems to be clunky at best.

My thought is to 1) to replace the end links on both sides 2) replace the struts on both sides. I like the softer standard ride

All that said, I found a quick strut/spring/end link set up = $538.00 on the internet. The struts are Sachs and end links are Fabi (?)
    The site says that all of the parts if purchased individually would be $699.00 or more.

Living in MN, I have learned to be proactive when it comes to car repair. Since the weather is warming, I am thinking about doing this soon. Give me your thoughts, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    That's a broken end link, not a brink engineer, damn auto correct [emoji35]

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Some things you buy from rockauto, some things you buy from a1auto and some things you buy from whoever has the best price for what you need today. If a link pin breaks complete and it breaks the worst way it can, it will cost you a drive axle, so get to them now and get the quick struts when you find the best price. A1 has a pretty decent price on quick struts, but I don't remember who makes the struts. Last fall rockauto had the best link price and might still.

Lots of GM parts on this car and GM did a good job of hiding GM standard parts by making part numbers incompatible, so research and shop for parts that you might need someday. Buying the Saab part using a cross referenced Chevy, Olds, Buick, Saturn and several different Asian part numbers can make a big difference in the maintenance cost.

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Thanks for the quick response on this end link (link pin) issue. My daughter drives this car and I don't need her stranded somewhere in downtown Minneapolis. I'll address this issue yet today. And I'll keep looking for a better price on those quick struts as you suggested. Once again thanks for all your help. Rock on [emoji41]

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Got to thinking about doing my own quick struts and looked up a1, they are presently out of stock, but if you don't have the convertible the price is less than $200 for the pair. Worth waiting for. https://www.1aauto.com/2003-09-saab-...1120124&y=2006

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Thanks Digger, you da man!

My Saab in not a convertible and I probably can wait. I'm wondering how one gets them motivated to stock this item. I'll get on their notifying list, I guess. Thanks again