Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 TTID 2011

Buy a 9-4x in Europe?

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of buying a 9-4x. Have someone any relevant information regarding spareparts etc? Do you guys find what you need? Seems like most 9-4x is to be find in Germany but they are really cheap in the US... prio 1 would be the rare wagon of the ng 9-5 but they are hard to find. Therefore I'll go for the 9-4x instead.
    Anyone that has information on where to search in Europe? Can't hardy find any in Sweden. Price range?
    Mary thanks in advance from mid-Sweden!
    Last edited by Saabostersund; 30 April 2017 at 14:30.

What else are avatars for? ;-)
    Saab(s)
    old: 9-5 2.3t SC from 2002, new: 2.8l "mexican swede" 4wd from 2011
    Hi Saabostersund.

I bought my 9-4x aero at the german dealer!

I had no bigger problems with my car so far. You also get all the officiall papers and changes there (TÜV, rear fog light, etc.)!
    And they also changed the radio/navigation-system from the US- to a europe-version.

I heard that even at least one person from sweden bought his 9-4x there and you can see often different 9-5 NG from "skandinavia" for "maintenance" there.
    Maybe you can also have a look at his public facebook-site to get some more informations and impressions.

In the neterlands there seems to be an other 9-4-dealer (selling all kind of cars).
    But from some Saab-fans here in germany I heard "not only positive statements" especially about dealing with 9-4x there.
    Last edited by mac95; 05 May 2017 at 16:48. Reason: little correction

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The dealer mac95 is referring to is probably Venza in the Netherlands. They currently have one 9-4X in their inventory: http://www.venza.nl/auto/637

Keep in mind their prices include 20% VAT and an additional Dutch car tax of about 20-25%. I don't know if they can sell to other countries without these taxes and how you would import into Sweden and pay the tax there.

All the 9-4X you see for sale in the US don't usually include taxes and it depends on the state where they are going to be registered. But it usually is 10% or less so big difference with tax-included prices in Europe.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 TTID 2011
    Hi. Thanks for answering! I see that you are located in the US. Do you have any good contacts where to buy a 9-4x in the US for export to Sweden? I´ve looked around on iseecars.com for a while, and you definitly find some 9-4x there... My budget is around 12000 USD, which makes it hard to reach an AERO or low-mileage Premium-versions...
    Thanks in advance!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 TTID 2011
    Hi Mac95.
    Yes I´ve emailed a couple of times with Markus Lafrentz, and he seems to be a nice guy with a lot of Saab-knowledge. I´ll wait and see if I could find a 9-4x on the european market a Little bit cheaper than the ones they are Selling right now (cheapest 30 TEUR)... Would be fun to join the 9-4x-club.. What version do you have?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabostersund View Post
    I´ve looked around on iseecars.com for a while, and you definitly find some 9-4x there... My budget is around 12000 USD, which makes it hard to reach an AERO or low-mileage Premium-versions...
    cars.com usually has a good selection of listings: https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...rce=QUICK_FORM

You would have to find a seller that wants to go through the hassle of selling to an international buyer. You would also have to make arrangements for transport to a seaport and shipping from the US to Europe, including all export and customs documentation, paying duty and taxes, technical inspections and possible modifications to make it road legal in Europe.

When it comes to buying the car, are you first going to have an inspection done? Are you going to visit the USA and do the inspection yourself? And perhaps transport it yourself from the seller location to the seaport?

There are many steps, procedures and cost involved in doing this yourself so it may be a lot easier (and less expensive) to buy one that is already in Europe.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 TTID 2011
    Hi and thanks for your answer,

I´ve checked the issue for a while and there are several transportation firms that has the service to ship from US to Sweden, so my main wondering concerns the first step - how to find a decent car that can be handled to the seaport with all relevant documentation including the contact with US-officials if needed.
    I guess that you have firms providing that service and I will look it up since I do not intend to go to the US myself. Regarding the price you are right that it is pretty expensive with the import duties, VAT, shipping, Insurance etc. An ordinary car (not veteran car) for 10000$ will end up to approximately the double cost when the whole process is over.But if you find the right car it could be worth it. Besides the fact that you might save some Money it could also be a fun (??!) project to learn the whole import process...

What else are avatars for? ;-)
    Saab(s)
    old: 9-5 2.3t SC from 2002, new: 2.8l "mexican swede" 4wd from 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabostersund View Post
    Hi Mac95. ... What version do you have?
    Hi Saabostersund.
    I just tried so send you a little private message with some informations of my car.
    But privates messages are not activated in your account. :-(

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 TTID 2011
    Hi, I tried to fix it.
    Last edited by Saabostersund; 09 May 2017 at 16:43.