Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    93x

Addicted

So the dear wife just I quote...don't get it!!
    a bit of background is in order...1st saab...99LE....followed by..99ems..even had a black vinyl roof and space age centre mounted cool aerial....900 turbo with boot,900 turbo 16vs.9000 turbo in pearlescent paint ox leather apparently told motorshow car..9000 carlsson another 9000 carlsson,900 16vs convertible,2.3 9000
    carlsson ,two 9-5 Aero estates four 9-5 Aero's.....currently white 93x sportwagon....I have had every other top range car /sports car...911's...AMG's..
    M3,M5.....Maserati etc etc...BUT...I JUST LOVE Saabs
    cant really explain it but I just look all the time...even when I have other cars..
    So brings me back to wanting another Carlsson 900 or 9000 or 900 16v turbo...but I want the one that doesn't exist..low mileage,good history...saab lover???...
    The wife really thinks I'm brain damaged I'm sure!!

Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 2.3T
    I have heard that the first step to recovery from an addiction is to admit that you have an addiction.
    I have attended such sessions for recovering addicts, and have found them full of the most miserable people on earth.
    They speak on & on of how they they are fooling themselves into believing they are better off without their oppressive addictions.
    Some replace one addiction with a less intense addiction, but they always regret straying from their first & most loved addiction.
    I believe the road to happiness is paved with as many slippery addictions as one can handle.
    Balance is the key!
    I like to balance collecting Scandinavian rifles & cars with autoloading pistols & Italian motorcycles.
    When not driving my truck, I enjoy relaxing with a strong IPA & a backwoods cigar.
    While commuting to work in my VW, & enjoy some strong dark roast coffee with a chocolate covered cake donut.
    When operating my tractor or FJR, I enjoy cold spring water & fresh wild berries.
    Of course the red hot red heads are fun also, but my lawyer tells me I can afford much more of the above if I limit myself to just one or two.
    Hell. Who like limits?
    If your addiction makes you feel like a dog chasing his own tail, I say feed that dog some energy bars & Mountain Dew & get him to pick up more speed.
    Our addictions define us! They drive us! They set us apart from the mediocre masses of rule following drones that have dulled their own minds by following convention.
    Embrace & enjoy your addictions to the fullest!
    Gotta go now.
    Doctor says its time for my meds.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Not an addiction. One's philosophy in cars simply is similar to what Saab made.

I also had one Saab after another. 900 (US version of the 900i), 900, 900, 9-3 (9-3SS), 9-3SE. For nearly my entire driving life, it was a SAAB or Saab. In between Saabs was a 2 year period with no car and a 2 year period with another brand, an old Mercedes.