Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    Ha, I know what you mean 😉. One can kill the enjoyment by doing that, but if you enjoy overthinking, it's all good.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryantdl7 View Post
    Were you happy with the quality of the interior? Would you consider it close to what Saab did? My expectations have gotten pretty high with growing up in the back of a '04 95 Aero, and now my own '06 95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leather quality was, wasn't and is again. My first Volvo was built the year before Ford bought Volvo and the leather on the seats was as good as the leather in my first Jaguar, by 95 the leather in my Jaguar wasn't any better that the leather in a Lincoln and the leather in my 01 Volvo wasn't as good as the leather in an 01 Lincoln. When Ford left Volvo the leather got better.

Volvo interior quality? construction didn't drop in quality and their cloth top convertibles were as safe and strong as a Mercedes, can't say that for the Saab soft top. For build quality the 05 Volvo I was looking at was equal to the 06 Saab I eventually bought, there is a difference in leather grain, Saab shows more grain but you don't slip in the seat like you do with the smoother finish.

When I went shopping for a car to replace my truck I was looking for a comfortable drivers seat and some cargo capacity. If I could have found a good used Ford Tarus that wasn't all used up, I'd have gladly taken cloth seats. Power with leather is a plus. I found two good wagons that sat comfortably and had a good back end. Equal age, mileage and condition, I went to look at a white Volvo and came home with a black Saab, the Volvo rode better, the Saab sat better. Apples to apples, I have to say that the cars were virtually equal, the Saab was almost half the price. The Volvo had only been on the lot a couple of weeks, the Saab had been there almost a year.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryantdl7 View Post
    I'm one of those neurotic people that overthink things years in advance [emoji41]
    NoNO i have the same expectation like you modern cars doesn't interest me, seems to be in cardboard with full of useless gadgets in it. but in my country it's very expensive to maintain that kind of cars because they have a high ratio of Co2 emissions and all the authorities punish the owners of old cars like Saabs with taxes vs new cheated diesels or electric cars who are so environment friendly. in addition with the quasi complete missing of competent Saab workshop that's become a little bit difficult.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 1.8t
    "life after Saab"

Of course there is there's plenty to choose from, i think I'm bloody stupid having something when there's no stealers to go if need be

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 Aero Convertible 2.8T Auto (current) Previous: '71 99 Sedan, '74 99 Combi, '85 900 Combi
    At the risk of near-blasphemy, I'll say that for us in 1994, life after SAAB was Honda, and that was not a bad thing. When I totalled our 1985 900 in 1994 (it didn't take much damage to total a 9-yr-old SAAB), we awaited the first GM SAABs and test drove one. My wife disliked the tunnel-vision feeling of the hatchback when looking to the rear; I thought that the clutch was hard to drive smoothly, and I'd been driving manuals all my life. So then we went to look at the new 1994 Honda Accord, and that's all it took. We've owned 2 Accords and 2 Acuras and they are fine cars. That being said, here I am with a new-to-me 9-3 Aero Convertible and I absolutely love it. It is replacing a 2006 Miata; a matter of needing an automatic for my wife, easier ingress/egress, and trip-worthiness. The other candidate for this position was a BMW 328i convertible. Once I found a SAAB convertible available in my price range with reasonably low mileage, I didn't hesitate to jump at it. It feels good to be a SAAB owner again. After this? If it comes to that, maybe back to a BMW or Audi if we still must have a convertible. I'd love another Acura; I wish they would see fit to build a convertible. Cheers to all for a Merry Christmas, Steve

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    what an heretic we must burn him ...

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 1.8t
    Maybe he is i'm using an old Golf just now

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    We can make a special offer on the burning ...the second one is free...gOlF ....why not a bloody French car ???... remember
    ***SPECIAL OFFER for X-mas***
    ***Fireworks specials effects included***
    ***Barbarian final***
    ***Full of surprises bonus pack***
    *** BOOK NOW***
    Last edited by swisssaabist; 24 December 2017 at 22:33.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 Aero Convertible 2.8T Auto (current) Previous: '71 99 Sedan, '74 99 Combi, '85 900 Combi
    But I draw the line on Hyundai. Spare me, it's Christmas.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 1.8t
    Quote Originally Posted by swisssaabist View Post
    We can make a special offer on the burning ...the second one is free...gOlF ....why not a bloody French car ???... remember
    ***SPECIAL OFFER for X-mas***
    ***Fireworks specials effects included***
    ***Barbarian final***
    ***Full of surprises bonus pack***
    *** BOOK NOW***
    You can what you like about them it's never let me down I've also had a pug 306 2.0 hdi which also never let me down